Building A Defender 90 Into An Expedition Truck

Witchdoctor Oz

Adventurer
Hi chand-o, I have no idea what the factory delivered weight is but we just did a massive trip into the Australian Outback & the truck got a weigh in just before we left.
The 90 weighed 2540Kg with a GVM of 2750 in Australia.

Cheers
Dave

Saint Nick

Being a Toyota man, I rarely bother to read Landrover threads (just kidding :LOL:) but I'm lovin' this one (y) Great work and I'm not surprised what you've been offered for it. Keep up the good work.

SN

chand-o

Hi chand-o, I have no idea what the factory delivered weight is but we just did a massive trip into the Australian Outback & the truck got a weigh in just before we left.
The 90 weighed 2540Kg with a GVM of 2750 in Australia.

Cheers
Dave

Quite a reasonable weight. It seems the AUS 90's have a higher GVM than the UK, which doesn't surprise me. Still even at 2540kg its under the UK listed spec limit and not much more than my older 300tdi should have. Time to get building I think!

Great build cheers!

Witchdoctor Oz

Adventurer
Our Tuff Custom 90 goes on the market this weekend.

I never planed to sell but there is just to much money in it, we are looking to trade up to a Hino 300 4x4 crew cab.
Start all over again but id say this will be the last 4x4 for us. We will start slow as we all ready have a custom tray top camper that we can use in the short term & slowly build a walk in camper for the back of the 300.

Cheers
Dave

czenkov

Adventurer
Wow what an inspiring build for us SWB Defender guys. I will definitely be rereading through and using it for inspiration on my own. Yes, at some point these things become worth so much it is hard to ignore. Being in the US, I am trying to ignore how much I could get for my NAS. Some days it is easier than others. ;)

Witchdoctor Oz

Adventurer
After our double crossing of the Simpson the truck got a full service & I noticed some cracking on the rear disc brake covers & after chatting with Wayne Nugget he suggested I install his disc brake cover reinforcing kit.
This kit come complete with all the hardware required & a set of instructions to complete the job.
You will need a drill & 5mm drill bit as well as 2 x 8mm spanners or shifters. Plus a 10mm spanner to remove the factory bolts that hold the factory cover in place. You will also need a 17mm spanner & a 6mm open-ender to remove the shock absorber from the bottom mount.
For safety I would advise a chassis stand to support the axle while the wheel is removed.

The whole removal, drilling & installation took me about 1 hour to complete both sides.

As we have another big trip coming up this is one LR part that I will not have to worry about
Thanks Nugget another top product & we will see you on the Ann Beadell.

Have a look at his web page https://www.nuggetstuff.com

Cheers
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_7934.jpg
    IMG_7934.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7935.jpg
    IMG_7935.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_7936.jpg
    IMG_7936.jpg