Building a Bigfoot Fiberglass Slide In Camper from Truckcampermagazine.com

TomsBeast

Very nice! I've owned a couple corrugated campers over the years (Six-Pac, Lance) they both suffer from the same thing, water getting in at the seams. I always pined over the Bigfoot fiberglass rigs, and no I see why.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Thanks for posting this. I believe this is the best camper out there - especially for the price. I had one and we lived in it for a whole winter. I will probably get another one in the future.
From the article:

"Having experienced, tested, and worked with every truck camper type on the planet, molded fiberglass is the best way to build a truck camper for ultimate longevity. Period. End of story. This is it."

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I sometimes wonder if they really are competition, their design is quite similar compared to other campers.

You are correct Jo, they are very similar, but Northern Lite is definitely more “upscale”, and the fit and finish and materials really shows if you get to see them side by side. I build custom Airstream trailers for a living, and chose the Northern Lite for my “off-road” adventures like fishing and hunting. I recall thinking Bigfoot were considerably less money than NL, but looking at 2019 models, the Bigfoot units are actually more now. I find that surprising based on having been in both brands when we factory ordered ours in 2017.

Thanks for posting this. I believe this is the best camper out there - especially for the price. I had one and we lived in it for a whole winter. I will probably get another one in the future.

We spend more than 100 nights per year in our camper and agree completely. If I could have a pop-up as well, I’d go with a Hallmark. They also build an amazing product!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior