Building 10 Disco 2 vehicles for an expedition company..

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Got the truck back from the painter for the initial dust in of body colour change
C99E608D-6CDA-4C35-85FD-138471C28ADE.jpegCE7AF29A-B7F5-4B1C-8834-8D7AFD82A6A8.jpeg
And neutralized some sections of surface rust on the floor and then painted the floor with truck bed liner to mitigate any future rust problems..
181F2A48-CA31-4FC6-81FA-D95E96220710.jpeg

Boerboel313

Seriously?????? You’re wasting your money. Use diesel Land Cruisers. Land Rover/ Range Rovers are garbage.
I’ve owned RR, IT WAS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF ********.
I’ve owned an 84 Fj60 now for 14 years, I’ll never go back.

EricG

Explorer
I've got an 03 D2 what would should be the cost of rebuilding the engine and fixing the issues?

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Seriously?????? You’re wasting your money. Use diesel Land Cruisers. Land Rover/ Range Rovers are garbage.

Clearly you have ZERO idea what you are talking about...did you not read the section where it states these are used in the United States of America...last time I checked the diesel land cruisers were lacking a little in parts availability coverage in the USA...oh, and also the fact that we can’t get them here...

I’ve owned RR, IT WAS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF ****.
I’ve owned an 84 Fj60 now for 14 years, I’ll never go back.

Well maybe you need to look a little closer at your lack of intellect and skills to work on them properly, thankfully I possess both...but I’m sure Land Rover misses your patronage and the Toyota groups love your witty intellect... have a nice day..

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I've got an 03 D2 what would should be the cost of rebuilding the engine and fixing the issues?
Sadly to do the engine it will cost about $4500 in parts and machine shop charges, this is to do a performance cam, t top liners, new timing chain, rings bearings, redo the heads etc etc etc.. or apparently you can just buy a diesel land cruiser....lol..

The Rover Shop

Explorer
The sunroofs in these cars have always been an issue of concern so I removed the sunroof assemblies completely to paint the truck so I wanted to see how I could ensure they don’t leak, while the sunroof drain tubes on this car were still intact I found that the plastic drain tube sections were completely still sealed to the sealant and you could move them, so I removed the drain tube sections and resealed them with marine 5200 fast cure..only had white available..lol.. these puppies aren’t moving or coming unstuck or leaking again..;).. cleaned all of the old sealant off the roof itself and then used strip caulking to the sunroof and reinstalled it.. then I attatched the tray back up and joined the tube back together with good quality heat shrink tubing..I didn’t want to put any excessive strain on the drain tube outlets as the tubing is heat sealed on there and very difficult to get off the outlet, so I cut further back and used the heat shrink on reassembly..good quality heat shrink tubing has a built in sealant that melts when heated and give a completely waterproof seal and glues it together.. I didn’t want to use a joiner piece as these go inside the tube and can cause blockages and give you leaks..
5418C5C7-FBCD-4661-B205-7104D957EC24.jpeg75F1344B-B6D2-405F-926C-FB7E8C199153.jpeg

roverpat

Observer
Are you doing the headliners in the same color fabric? Mine was tan but I switched it to black when I had it redone and it really looked good with all of the tan parts bolted up to a black headliner

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

I have both of my A-pillars covers off now in my LR3 after chasing that short problem I've been having. My sunroof drain tubes are easy to access now since half of the interior is out of the vehicle. My headliner is sagging in a few areas so I am wondering if dropping it, doing all new seals in the sunroof and then sealing them you just did is worth the trouble right now. It might give me some extra ideas of putting some new LED ceiling lighting in the back, just not sure how hard the headliner is to get down and back up.

I see the point of getting the sunroof back to snuff so I think I'm just going to do it and follow your lead!

Love watching this thread!

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Are you doing the headliners in the same color fabric? Mine was tan but I switched it to black when I had it redone and it really looked good with all of the tan parts bolted up to a black headliner

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Doing something special for the headliner..stay tuned...:)

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I have both of my A-pillars covers off now in my LR3 after chasing that short problem I've been having. My sunroof drain tubes are easy to access now since half of the interior is out of the vehicle. My headliner is sagging in a few areas so I am wondering if dropping it, doing all new seals in the sunroof and then sealing them you just did is worth the trouble right now. It might give me some extra ideas of putting some new LED ceiling lighting in the back, just not sure how hard the headliner is to get down and back up.

I see the point of getting the sunroof back to snuff so I think I'm just going to do it and follow your lead!

Love watching this thread!

LR3 is a different animal and I haven’t had to do one yet to know..but the LR3 sunroof drains leak from where it comes out of the side air intake vent..there is a modified tube to be installed from memory, you have to remove the side air intake grill to access..

The Rover Shop

Explorer
So it’s been about a week since the truck was painted and I’ve been holding off on putting external stuff on as I wanted a good wet sand and buff job done..and today was the day...really happy with the way the paint has turned out..it took 3 guys 5 hours to get it to the level I was happy with, but it’s finally done..:)E6F77788-45F1-43DA-8796-D8C79077119E.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles