Build: Ram 3500 and Aluminum/Composite Expedition Camper

TrailTestedMFG

The admins of this forum threatened to ban my account if I didn't pay to be a vendor because they said I was advertising my business. I disagree with them, and it really killed my motivation to continue updating this thread or to maintain it. Maybe someday when I have some free time I'll fix the broken photo links.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
The admins of this forum threatened to ban my account if I didn't pay to be a vendor because they said I was advertising my business. I disagree with them, and it really killed my motivation to continue updating this thread or to maintain it. Maybe someday when I have some free time I'll fix the broken photo links.

That's strange. I have watched most your videos. They are excellent. At no point did I get the impression you are promoting a business or that you are going to start selling campers.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183

Yeah... the admin folks here are nothing like they were when I first joined many moons ago. Now they get their panties all wadded up over trivial nonsense.

I think it’s that they never had power in any way shape or form before and now they abuse the little they have as an admin via the forum.

I’ve been on ExPo since basically day one and it’s gone downhill pretty bad.

There’s still some good info to be found, but the articles announcing $400k Tacoma campers and the like are so overbearing and annoying, it’s to the point now it’s just annoying spam...

Part humorous, part pathetic

NOTE: I love your vids and ageee with @Victorian, I never once got the vibe you were selling anything or even trying to

Lance990

Observer
Well, cry us all a river. How much money did you make off the YouTube videos? It seems like making YouTube videos was your business. Did you stop to think about that? Seems like the entire point of this thread was to promote your videos. Seems like a business to me. Don't pretend to be naive. You knew exactly what you were doing.

If you want to build a camper then build a camper but please stop begging for attention while you do it. JFC.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
No way. They interacted and answered questions as much as anyone. Their content was great quality, on point, and very informative for anyone thinking about building their own rig. It takes real work to do that... if they are making a few $ on youtube, then that's fine with me.

Agree with @rruff 110%

You’re completely off base @Lance990 and coming across as an ignorant donkey

I’m guessing you likely yell at the neighbor kids to get of your lawn?

Alloy

That's strange. I have watched most your videos. They are excellent. At no point did I get the impression you are promoting a business or that you are going to start selling campers.

TrailtestedMFG is promoting their YouTube channel which is a business.

D

Deleted member 12023

I've watched your camper build and never felt as though you were advertising in any way. I think your videos offer a lot of motivation for others that are contemplating a build.

It's pretty funny that they threatened to ban you! Just send them a link to this previous build of yours that they featured on the front page haha. https://expeditionportal.com/expedition-portal-classifieds-1969-jeep-wagoneer/

ITTOG

Wow, if that is the case then there are a lot more people that fall under the same category. I guess I will stop and not mention any names so they do not get told to stop promoting themselves. This place will become a lot less enjoyable without content like this.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Alloy

Wow, if that is the case then there are a lot more people that fall under the same category. I guess I will stop and not mention any names so they do not get told to stop promoting themselves. This place will become a lot less enjoyable without content like this.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

There's a different intent when someone starts publishing YouTube content 2-3 times a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles