Build: Flatbed for slide-in camper

What is your deck height preference? (tell me why in comments)

• Total voters
Beautiful flat bed. Out of curiosity how much did it run you?

Would love to go with something similar to this and am curious how much coin needs to get saved first.

Pricing is mostly based on bed length/width and options that you want. The flatbed for my short bed was $6,400 base (bed, lights, fuel fill, etc.). From there, everything I did was custom, however - decking added, custom wheel wells, all the options, etc. If you want to chat about pricing, shoot me a PM - I can get into more details based on your truck and camper setup and try to give you a better answer, but hopefully that gets you started - let me know.

Ended up doing a quick overnighter following the MULE Expedition Outfitters open house this weekend. Opened it up to the PNW FWC Owner's Meetup group and had a taker. Always a fun time getting to know other owners and get the rigs out and about.

I was really happy with the bed performance - no issues whatsoever. Checking turnbuckles is a breeze! I kept thinking I was forgetting something, but it was all just outside now (recovery gear, firewood, etc.). So much usable space now...just have to get it organized and figure out exactly where I want things -- i.e. probably not going to put wood on the cooking side.

A built-in table that I'll never forget to pack
:)

Pass-through beverage delivery:

Trash kept OUTSIDE until we get home:

Just scratching the surface on the function I think. Super happy with it so far!

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Awesome!

I love everything about this setup! I am about to flatbed my Tundra and mount my slide in FWC Hawk on it for more storage.

Question regarding the side boxes. They appear open in the back to the camper.

Are they sealed at all somehow? Main reason i am having custom boxes made is for weather sealing to prevent dust and moisture from getting into my stuff, which has been an ongoing problem when traveling on long dusty fireroads,

Any input on this?

Looking good!
Thanks

MTNCMMNS

this seems to be easily the best bed setup I have ever seen. how is it holding up/working out? its all aluminum correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles