Bugging Out! SoCal to OK in a 68 VW Baja

dubs chops

Observer
Here we are heading out of Ont. Monday morning

img0866aq.jpg

Some of the landscape right outside of Ontario

img0867gh.jpg

This is about the time I realized how bad the bug was running. It was loading up and losing power. Pulled over and adjusted the carb. Leaned out the Air Fuel a little and it helped but it was still not right. Here is the place we stopped to do the adjusting at the first time
img0872cg.jpg

On the way to vegas we decided to cut through the Mojave national reserve even though the bug was starting to act up. We figured what the heck when is the next time we will ever be right here. The landscape is pretty Barron, Some Joshua Tree's and what I call scrub brush is all you can see for quite a ways.
img0882m.jpg

Then we came to a visitors center and decided to take a break.
img0885jg.jpg

Adam "Xanthracroid" checked the map to see how far we had to go.
img0872cg.jpg

Last edited:

Big-Jon

I'm in....
I am currently redoing a MANX and plan on traveling RT 66 one day. Best of luck on your jounery.:victory:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Really cool :Wow1:thread on your travels. I would like to hear what the problem was with the carburetor. Also, last time I checked the landscape was not dry and filled with cactuses in Ontario. If I remember corectly its the place were the great lakes are and a big Cnanadian city called Toronto. (just kidding) Keep us posted with LOTS OF PICS and let us know about the fix for your mechanical problems.... Cheers, Chilli.:)

franks71vw

what size tires are your running on the Bug.. Currently trying to get my project going... and Like the stance of your bug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne