Bugeye's GX460 Build

bugeye1257

Observer
Battery was going weak recently, plus it was time for an upgrade as I'm adding more accessory's. I was thinking of going to a dual setup, but I didn't want the extra weight plus its beyond my needs. I started researching group 31 batteries then came across X2power, a re branded Northstar. I went with their 27F, fits right in the factory location. Next to do is add some Blue Sea components to clean it up.

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
Like the build! Looking forward to seeing what sliders and other mods you do.

Hope others will post their builds too

lugueto

Adventurer
Great build so far. Looking into GXs for inspiration as they're very similar to my rig.

I have a question for you though, which I'm trying to read up on. What exactly are Group 31 batteries? I thought that'd be the size, but in fact it seems as though they're a specific type of battery?

bugeye1257

Observer
Great build so far. Looking into GXs for inspiration as they're very similar to my rig.

I have a question for you though, which I'm trying to read up on. What exactly are Group 31 batteries? I thought that'd be the size, but in fact it seems as though they're a specific type of battery?

Group31 is the size. I went with the X2power 27f as it is almost the same specs as some group31s and has a great warranty.

Did you add Crawl Control and MTS?

I did not, honestly I don't plan to add it. I don't see it as a necessity at this time or ever.

bugeye1257

Observer
Small update, RSG Sliders have come in the mail. Super fast shipping and awesome guys to work with! I went with the bare metal flat sliders. Reason, for flat style w/kickout is that our family is growing and it will provide a step for the kid & wife. Got them in bare metal as I will be painting them myself, figured they will be getting hit so I can always touch them up.

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_6.png

moose545

Nice, be sure and trim the running boards and fit the sliders, otherwise it'll be a little naked. I wish I had, I just ripped mine off, trashed them, installed sliders, and wondered what the gap was all about till I figured it out, AFTER the trash part lol! Nice rig man

bugeye1257

Observer
Nice, be sure and trim the running boards and fit the sliders, otherwise it'll be a little naked. I wish I had, I just ripped mine off, trashed them, installed sliders, and wondered what the gap was all about till I figured it out, AFTER the trash part lol! Nice rig man

Most definitely will be trimming them up!

bugeye1257

Observer
Pedal Commander:

This isn't something I would normally install on one of my cars, but I am telling you now that it is well worth it. It completely took away any throttle lag the GX had from the pedal. Feels a lot better than stock even with the 285's. It put the oomph back in to this V8. Super simple install, took maybe 5 mins or so to do, I attached it right under the dash so it is hidden, I didn't want something sticking on my dash with a wire going underneath, just isn't my taste. Its still easy to access but I wont be changing the modes a lot, honestly the "City +1" mode is perfect for daily diving around town and I probably wont touch it.

Part #: PC27

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Why PC and not Sprint Booster? Curious, I have no experience with either but I am always curious as to why someone goes with one over the other.

bugeye1257

Observer
Why PC and not Sprint Booster? Curious, I have no experience with either but I am always curious as to why someone goes with one over the other.

The company I work for supplies PC, it was any easy choice. Basically the same concept with SB, I believe they have some differences as far as modes but generally the same. This one also has Bluetooth capability.

bugeye1257

Observer
H&R Spacers:

My wheels are 0 offset and while the offset is not bad, I wanted a little more aggressive stance with them. I threw my Spidertrax 1.25" spacers on but with the 0 offset it was too much poke for my liking. I wanted a smaller spacer. A company I work closely with, H&R Suspension had a smaller size that would work. If you don't know about H&R, you should. They are a high quality MFG made in Germany, mostly known in the Euro world. The new spacers are 23mm, right under one inch.

Part # 46106107

IMG_1775.jpg

Before & After
E1338DEA-628B-407F-8DEF-7DE067CBD4F1.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles