Bugeye's GX460 Build

bugeye1257

Observer
The one build I am actually going to document my progress and stick with...hopefully. We had a 5thgen 4runner and while it was a great vehicle, we wanted more bells and whistles. I had my eye on a GX460 when we first bought the 4runner but never found the right one. I wanted the V8 & 6speed trans that the Lexus came with, who wouldn't? I finally found the one we were looking for a 2010 GX460 with 74K, gray on black leather with the rear entertainment system. Sold the 4runner that day and drove to NY to pick it up.

Day we picked her up

1585663231872.png

Build Details:

Suspension:

Front Bilstein 6112's w/ Eibach 650lb springs
SPC Upper Control Arm's
Wheelers Offroad Front Superbump set

Rear Bilstein 5160's
Toytec Rear Bump Stop Kit
ARB 2889 Coils

Wheels / Tires:
Fifteen52 Turbomac HD 17x8.5 0mm ET
Toyo Open Country A/T II LT285/70/17
BMC
H&R 23mm spacers
Rad Rubber Splash Guards

Interior:
Weathertech Mats
Magnetic Iphone ball mount
Center Organizer
Diode Dynamic Inteiror Bulbs HP5

Performance/Drivetrain:
Air Injection Mod w/ K&N Filter
NGK Iridium Plugs
Stoptech F&R Rotors
EBC Greenstuff Pads F&R
Peddle Commander
GreenFilter drop in filter
X2Power Premium AGM BCI Group 27F Battery

Armor:
RSG Flat Sliders w/bump out

Lighting:
Diode Dynamics Backup LEDs Cool White 6000K
Diode Dynamic OEM HID Bulbs D4S Color: 5000K
Diode Dynamic H11 SL1 LED For fog lights

Last edited:

bugeye1257

Observer
The GX is at Main Line Overland getting the lift installed! Right before that we got the front widows tinted 20%, matches perfectly to the rears. Down the line we will get the rear fully tinted as the OEM windows are just dipped and actually don't do anything to keep the inside cooler.

3008mx1.jpg

bugeye1257

Observer
Lift is on! Thanks to Pete at Main Line Overland, he and his team took care of this project flawlessly. Now some more trimming to do and we should be good. Once I have sliders I will get rid of the steps, it is the wife's daily after all.

8xjurc.jpg

289c654.jpg

JakeH

Adventurer
Looks good! What hitch is that? All the ones I've found are small plates that bolt to the frame, not full bars like yours.

JakeH

Adventurer
When you get a few minutes, go say something in the GX owners thread so we have you in there as an owner. We'll never outnumber the 4runner & Tacoma guys, but we still need to make our mark!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles