Bug Out Vehicle

roving

Observer
So i was checking out Recoil Magazine. They had an idea in there called a Bug Out vehicle. I was thinking it was kind of a cool idea.

I think it would be kind of cool to have a survival type vehicle. What would you do to make one and what kind of stuff would you put on it?

416220012_370.jpg

762X39

Explorer
If I felt the need to bug out, I would choose a vehicle that was capable but didn't stand out. Of course, by the time you know you need to bug out, the roads will be jammed and you won't be going anywhere.:coffee:

Bad Karma

Adventurer
If I felt the need to bug out, I would choose a vehicle that was capable but didn't stand out. Of course, by the time you know you need to bug out, the roads will be jammed and you won't be going anywhere.:coffee:

Thats why your bug out route and vehicle needs to be off road!!! mine is!

roving

Observer
i think of it more as a fun idea. i have guns and a vehicle. although its mostly electronic so it would die with a major electrical storm.

i don't really play into the idea myself, but its fun to think of a zombie truck.

I think keeping it low key, is the key.

i was thinking about buying a bugout/************ second vehicle.
i am considering a M35A2 they are very nice when it comes to bugout vehicles. Little to no computer, multifuel engines, reliable, cheap to source, 6x6, offroad/onroad capable, powerful, lots of space. can easily smash anything out of its way!

Heading Out

Adventurer
OK, I'll play....

I'd start with a late 60's or Early 70's 3/4 ton 4X4 long bed pick up with a matching vintage Alaskan camper, the truck would be painted in a low key color, white, green or tan. Not military looking but an urban type camo, to blend in with regular traffic, while also not standing out in the wilds.

The Early truck is simple, easy to fix, and has no electronics to make it run, and you'll find spares everywhere in the country. Add aux fuel tanks for lots of range, with no Jerry cans hanging off the truck to make you stand out, and be a target.

Low profile camper to keep your self comfortable, and have your equipment at hand, yet keep the rig low and easy to get into or out of most any place you need to.

you get the idea.....:littlefriend:

Expedition Leader
Whatever else you do, make sure your BOV has a large enough fuel tank to get where you're going, because in any kind of emergency at all, fuel will be the first thing in short (nonexistent) supply, almost immediately. In a similar vein, plan to to stay bugged-out for a long time, if you don't have enough fuel to get back too.

FellowTraveler

Explorer
I'm ole school and unconventional to boot so;
"I'd not worry about such things because any potential enemy will bring everything you'll possibly ever need you just have to take it"!

THESE ARE NOT THE TIMES FOR THE MEEK AND TIMID!

GJMcManus

Smarcastic Sparky
^^^ So the last two are the ones which will be theives and robbers...also dead around me. :coffee:

Did not say that!

Take advantage of the sheeples misfortune and lack of prior proper planning.

Use their piss poor planning to my tactical advantage, to ensure survival.

In no way harm or cause harm intentionally to anyone that is not an aggressor to me or my family.

-Greg

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Unless you live in the desert or your BOV is amphibious, you are going to be stuck the first time you get to a bridge that's either down or closed to traffic.

The best BOV is your house. You can store years worth of supplies there and you don't have to worry about clogged roads. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles