Bug Out Utility Trailer Build for Gladiator

Boatmonkey

Observer
Solid weekend.

1) Built mount for propane tank
2) Built doors for kitchen (side door is hinged as well)
3) Installed expanded steel floor
4) Built fold down table
5) Designed and built first Fender
6) Sorted motorcycle wheel chocks
7) Designed ramp
8)

View attachment 715498
Any details on the propane tank mount build? I'm just about to start the same for a 20# tank. Thanks.

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
Awesome looking build! Steelies on the set-up is nice too. Definitely a fan of the minimalistic look.

Old bike doc

Used three strips of 2" and welded up a holder as well as some 1/2" strap bent it into a circle to hold the base. It'll get a strap to tie it all together. I can share shots of just the mount if you're interested

1649628558771.png

Any details on the propane tank mount build? I'm just about to start the same for a 20# tank. Thanks.

Old bike doc

Thirty eight days until I leave for Overland Expo. Not panicking, but maybe getting a little stressed. :oops:

Another solid weekend.

1) Wrapped lid and door on Kitchen box (as well as finished welding it)
2) Mounted solar panel
3) Built mount for traction boards on front of kitchen
4) Finish welded all expanded steel floor
5) Built fender frame (need to do other as well as skin them)
6) Finished kitchen drawer and stained it (needs clear)
7) Built upper shelf for kitchen box (storage and electronics)
8) Finished all support bars and welding for upper rack (lot of fish-mouthing)
9) Built bolt down tabs for access door to water tank (piece of expanded steel floor)
10) Booked campsites between Wisconsin and Flagstaff

Next weekend gets cut short with Easter, but should be able to wrap folding table and balance of welding. Next up is paint. Need to primer the kitchen box before I can skin it. Definitely feels like I'm close.

1649629667228.png

1649629707154.png

1649629757740.png

1649629789323.png

Reactions: mog

Boatmonkey

Observer
Used three strips of 2" and welded up a holder as well as some 1/2" strap bent it into a circle to hold the base. It'll get a strap to tie it all together. I can share shots of just the mount if you're interested

View attachment 716526
If you could some pics of the just the mount that would be great. Also, what type of clamp are you planning on using for the strap? Thanks again.

Old bike doc

Major progress! Frame is painted and back on its wheels. Had some runs, but nothing that was not manageable. I'm an average at best welder/painter/electrician, but I like to think I plan well!

Unfortunately panel glue has yet to come in for the final skinning of the kitchen box. Assemble went well, although suspension seems tight, be need to get under there and back the bolts out a half turn. Trailer suspension is pretty crude stuff.

Stainless slider tubes for that support the rack are getting welded (I'm a lowly MIG guy) and should be back tomorrow.

Taillights are now wired as is water pump (all inside frame!). Kitchen will need a few hours to wrap electrical and mount solar.

So close!

1652014236584.png
1652014296008.png

Old bike doc

This is a fun shot. Catches taillight action, fold up table, battery box and wheels chock for the Grom. Water tank will get expanded steel cover bolted over it once final plumbing is wrapped. Hidden ramp worked out good as well. The hoops supporting it are lined to deaden sound and keep ramp from losing paint. May add another one of the small gas cans. Love little details like Not a Step sticker.

1652014790274.png

1652014818673.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles