Budget NV cargo build

Bamps

I just got my 2wd Nissan NV2500 standard roof cargo van. It is equipped with the 4.0L V6. It dies have cruise, power windows, but that's about it. Here's the plan for mods to come;

1. Rear view camera!! (arrived ready to install soon)
2. Solar powered 12v system separate from truck. (arrived and ready to install, well, most of it)
3. Floor with tile.
4. Bed & cabinet for cooler & storage.
5. FANtastic vent (possibly two)
6. Roof rack, (don't care for what's out there, may build one)
7. Cabin stereo system w/Bluetooth
8. Off road lighting
9. Cams & monitor for 360 view while inside back end, (it has no windows)

image.jpegimage.jpg

Mmmmm...look at those flat walls to build off of. Interesting platform with potential. Anybody doing a lift for these yet? How's the 6cyl move it down the road?

Bamps

Mmmmm...look at those flat walls to build off of. Interesting platform with potential. Anybody doing a lift for these yet? How's the 6cyl move it down the road?

I've done a little research on a lift. It appears that the Titan XD may share some suspension components but I need to make sure

The 6 moves it ok but not near as well as the same 6 moves the Frontier.

broncobowsher

Adventurer
The XD has a couple minor changes compared to the NV. If you know them you can work around them. The front stab bar links are a completely different design. Depending on how the XD lift is done you may need to engineer your own stab bar links. Nothing impossible, just something you may need to work around.
Also the centering pin on the rear axle is a slightly different diameter, check carefully if doing blocks or other spring work out back.

Bamps

Just started some of the foil reflective today but it got hot quick here in the desert.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    421.3 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 33

broncobowsher

Adventurer
Bedrug does make floor kits for the NV. Not sure how well the bubble wrap is going to stand up to long term use as a flooring material.

Bamps

Bedrug does make floor kits for the NV. Not sure how well the bubble wrap is going to stand up to long term use as a flooring material.

Cool but Bedrug is a carpet type material which is nice but in the dusty dirt, dog fur environment I am in, it collects too much. Plywood will be installed on this as a subflooring and flooring to that. It then can be either vacuumed or whisk broomed out.

_hein_

Observer
Reflectix will very likely go flat (bubbles will pop) if placed under a floor. Low-E (EZcool)would be better and is also passes FMVSS-302 flammability requirements for use in vehicles. We highly recommend Thinsulate(TM) for the walls and ceiling. The thin reflective materials offer very little R-value on their own.

Please call (54l 49O 5O98) or PM me for more info of to request samples.

We used textured porch paint on our plywood floor. Then some area rugs which we can shake or change out when they get dirty. A leaf blower works great for getting rid of dust/dirt in a van. Open all windows doors and blow it all out. Wear a dust mask.

Last edited:

Bamps

Reflectix will very likely go flat (bubbles will pop) if placed under a floor. Low-E (EZcool)would be better and is also passes FMVSS-302 flammability requirements for use in vehicles. We highly recommend Thinsulate(TM) for the walls and ceiling. The thin reflective materials offer very little R-value on their own.

Please call (54l 49O 5O98) or PM me for more info of to request samples.

We used textured porch paint on our plywood floor. Then some area rugs which we can shake or change out when they get dirty. A leaf blower works great for getting rid of dust/dirt in a van. Open all windows doors and blow it all out. Wear a dust mask.

Thanks for the info.

luthj

Engineer In Residence
I am a fan of rigid foam on the floor, with a plywood top layer. There are lots of foam products availibe (XPS, polysio, Minicell etc). Finish it off with rubber or vinyl for a super durable finish.

For time savings the thinsulate really does a good job. You get a good combo of sound dampening and insulation in a single go. Since the thinsulate can be bonded to the sheetmetal, it dampens panel resonance as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles