Budget Hard Shell RTT from Alibaba

nickk6

Went on my first trip with the pop up tent and overall had a good time. I slept in 30* weather in a 0* bag so I wasn't cold, but it was definitely colder than I remember it being when I last did the same thing in a truck bed with a soft shell. Anyways, I only lost about 1.5mpg on my trip which was about 560 miles round trip. I ended up getting a migraine the next day so since I was only 2 hours from home I decided to just call it a trip after only a single night. I had my foster dog with me so it was our first time camping together, she was comfortable sleeping on top of her blankets instead of under them and her nose was always warm, so I guess it was keeping enough warmth in. Sorry I have no pictures of the setup in the day time, I'm not on the "gram" as the kids are calling it these days so I don't always get all the shots.
20190222_224845.jpg20190223_092033.jpg20190223_172845.jpg

AZPAJERO

Observer
This is very intriguing to me. I too am cheapskate and cannot justify $2500 RTT..........but........sure would be nice if i could score one for cheaper.

I'm curious. I found this ad for hardtop RTT and it says free shipping. Should I look at that "free shipping to US" as a red flag ???

I put these two ads side by side to show a buddy but it's crazy the similarities: same color, same length, width, height, weight..........hell even the logo on the side. But there's $2000 difference??504996

Lemsteraak

Adventurer
Wow, maybe they have Rolex watches too. Interesting, I wonder if that is the real cost of a knock off? It is interesting that they are copying an old North American version of the Maggiolina Airland. The European version is blue, AutoHome's color they use for expedition tents.

tamoneyc

This is very intriguing to me. I too am cheapskate and cannot justify $2500 RTT..........but........sure would be nice if i could score one for cheaper.

I'm curious. I found this ad for hardtop RTT and it says free shipping. Should I look at that "free shipping to US" as a red flag ???

I put these two ads side by side to show a buddy but it's crazy the similarities: same color, same length, width, height, weight..........hell even the logo on the side. But there's $2000 difference??View attachment 504996
Do you have a link to this? I kinda want to get one....

nickk6

If you look on the previous page, you will see some shipping costs. Shipping from China to the USA is CHEAP, like $100-200 cheap. Its customs that gets you, so find a broker and make sure you get an estimate on getting it thru customs first.

jocww

This looks like the antidote one that I am planning on buying from FB. They also have them on CL

The Artisan

Adventurer
You get what you pay for in a number of cases. It might look good but would you want to take the chance of the fiberglass cracking, the hinges binding or coming loose and the most important part the tent fabric tearing or leaking? 2K for a little more you can buy in the states and maybe get a warranty
Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne