Budget camping trailer

LDKRUNNER

I started out wanting to do one of the milatary type trailers in the begining. Went to Toyota Jamo last year and decided against that idea after seeing a couple up close. Just to heavy in general.After selling my 85 4Runner and getting into an 07 FJ Cruiser I realized that I needed another project to keep me outta trouble.Found this on a local CL for $300.00. The skeleton was thought out very well, however the final product was outfitted with plywood. The wood was all rotted out so I removed all of it to see what I was working with. I will use this trailer for camping on offroad and beach trips. Just wanted to say thanks for all of the information and insight I got from this forum ! Especially member TTE30M3 ! 20190602_130831.jpg

Last edited:

LDKRUNNER

Just gonna use it to haul camping equipment, spare parts for either of my Toyota's and tools. For now i am just going to use a regular 4 pers. tent up top.

LDKRUNNER

The axle it came with was to narrow and wrong lug pattern for the wheel/tire setup I planned on running so I ordered a new one from Southwest wheel out of Dallas. Got the rear stabilizer
mounts burned in.
20191102_142056.jpg20191028_204557.jpg

Last edited:

LDKRUNNER

At this point there was a lot of plasma cutting and grinding to do. The PO had some stabilizing loops on the rear to store the poles for the trailer and the center slide out. Getting rid of all
of this as I am using trailer jacks all the way around.
20191121_183246.jpg

Last edited:

chunko

Observer
Looks like a promising start to a great camping trailer. What are you using for the slide out material?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

LDKRUNNER

Some more
Looks like a promising start to a great camping trailer. What are you using for the slide out material?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Do you mean the center slide ? If so then just as you see it, I will paint the plywood. It is still in great condition !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz