Bub’bye to the 2 WD Ford Super Duty Trucks

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I have owned several 4 wheel drive trucks since 1978. I used 4 wheel drive maybe once a season, maybe. I go off-road but good driving is the key. 2 wheel is great as long as you have limited slip or a locker.
Yeah, I mostly use 4WD due to winter conditions. This is the last 2WD truck I owned. '95 Sierra Reg Cab Short box.
I swore after that truck I'd never drive another 2WD truck in winter again. It sucked.
DSCF0056.jpg
DSCF0019.jpg

Last edited:

Grasslakeron

Explorer
Yeah, I mostly use 4WD due to winter conditions. This is the last 2WD truck I owned. '95 Sierra Reg Cab Short box.
I swore after that truck I'd never drive another 2WD truck in winter again. It sucked.
View attachment 746981
View attachment 746982
Always wanted a short box. All I drove was rear wheel 2wd vehicles in the winter here in Michigan. You learn very quickly to slow down. Drove to northern Michigan during the blizzard of 96 in a rear wheel drive Ford. I was making the ruts that people followed. No one passed me and we're glad I was still making forward progress at 30 mph. Did the southern ice storm of 94 the same way up I 69 from Tennessee. If someone dropped 40k in my lap for a truck I would buy a short box Ford or f250 in 2wd just to drive i94 to work.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Always wanted a short box. All I drove was rear wheel 2wd vehicles in the winter here in Michigan. You learn very quickly to slow down. Drove to northern Michigan during the blizzard of 96 in a rear wheel drive Ford. I was making the ruts that people followed. No one passed me and we're glad I was still making forward progress at 30 mph. Did the southern ice storm of 94 the same way up I 69 from Tennessee. If someone dropped 40k in my lap for a truck I would buy a short box Ford or f250 in 2wd just to drive i94 to work.
I owned and drove many, many RWD cars year round. Most usually too old to have had ABS, some without even power brakes. They were all better than that truck in winter. Even loaded with sandbags over the axle.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Family had one. 460 C6 3.55 gears. Was a beast! Got 9mpg.
I've only owned 2 wagons. 1960 Brookwood 2 door (project) and an '88 Custom Cruiser. Bunch I'd like to own though. But, shy of winning the lotto, I don't imagine being able to justify buying a

1970 Olds Vista Cruiser
1962 Bel Air Wagon
1962 Pontiac Safari
1956 Nomad
Any 71-76 GM clamshell wagon
1957 Buick Caballero
Any 60-91 Ford Country Squire
1996 Buick Roadmaster
46-51 Ford Woody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members