Brunton Outdoor Equipment

kcowyo

ExPo Original
There is a company based in my county that is on the cutting edge of several unique outdoor products. Because their business is so vital to our local economy and I've had great experiences with several of their products, I wanted to plug them here.

If you're in the market for a lightweight stove, compass, binoculars, GPS units, or rollable solar panels, you may want to check out Brunton Equipment

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Maybe...but my experience with their folding solar panel, the Brunton 25, I believe, was less that stellar.
I purchased the panel in anticiation of using it on our Tanzania safari this past summer.
The panel was incapable of recharging my camera battery much less my laptop, despite their website touting it as such.
I sent it back.
So...I am not so sure...

Ed

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
I dunno Ed - I tested the Brunton 25 fold out solar panels on the Baja05 trip - this unit is easy and compact and charged my Optima battery while parked for two days ( the engel fridge draws off this battery) and I could run my Bose computer speakers straight off the Brunton 25 and play my iPod though the Bose speakers all day free with sun.

Maybe it was a bad batch?

I also own a Brunton manteless lantern - I like it :sunny:

and their mini monoculars - compact and great for quick viewing

GeoRoss

Adventurer
The brunton pocket transit (compass) is the gold standard in the geologic field for measuring rock geometries and what not. I have also become a fan for using them for orienteering.

I have also had good luck using other people's solar panels.

Ross

gjackson

FRGS
I have one of their compasses, and it is fantastic! Great quality, and very rugged. I also tried the Brunton 25 solar panel and had the same experience as Ed. It really didn't produce enough power to do much of anything. Maybe you are right and it was a bad batch? :confused:

cheers

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
to clarify and add - 25 watts at 1.5 amps is not a whole lotta power for the $$ - :sunny: It is a cool outdoor parlor trick though :campfire:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94