Brunswick, Ga to Jackson Wy....

High Center

Adventurer
Life has asked more of me than I want to give for the moment so I'm taking a trip. I have about two weeks. My plan is to end up in Jackson, Wy. from Brunswick, Ga. (there and back)
It is a big route. I'll be using the North way (transecting Nebraska). I don't have any interest in the cities...St. Louis, Kansas City so I'll be giving them a wide pass. Other than that I'm open to suggestions.

Must sees
Must avoids
This road sucks
This roads great
No camping here
Etc.

Thanks for the input.

Best,
Buck

DCGibbs

Observer
Buck, are you doing is one a Bike, or in a 4-wheel vehicle? That changes the dynamics, and travel times. What is your comforterable Drive time? I'd drive as far and fast as you can going over, to spend more time in the teton valley. Lots to see and do... Are you a Fly-fisher?
Gibbs

High Center

Adventurer
Buck, are you doing is one a Bike, or in a 4-wheel vehicle? That changes the dynamics, and travel times. What is your comforterable Drive time? I'd drive as far and fast as you can going over, to spend more time in the teton valley. Lots to see and do... Are you a Fly-fisher?
Gibbs
On a bike..

Yeah man, I fly fish.

jkam

nomadic man
I highly recommend you make the trip out to Green River Lakes. It's great place to camp, one of my favorites in the US.
Just outside Pinedale at the end of Hwy. 352

Dmoranz

Ok, you may not like this idea ...but.. if you only have two weeks for your travel window..ship the bike out to Jackson, Wyoming. ( check ADV rider for a shipper) there will be someplace out there that will accept the bike.
fly into Jackson, wyoming airport.. take lyft or uber, or check with “Horizions Unlimited” community pages for a ride from the airpot to you motorcycle pick up. (Maybe even Eagle Rider, in Jackson)
Then do your Moto Tour of The Tetons etc..and Ride back to Georgia.
You want to be able to see the really cool stuff. After a 10 to 12 hour day heading back east across the plains with a side breeze...you’ll get tired of the flat pretty quickly.
( Just my 2 cents)

High Center

Adventurer
This is good advice. I have a pretty short fuse on this trip is I won't be able to ship the bike but next time...
I'm looking forward to the helmet time across the "big flat".

jkam

nomadic man
Since you fly fish, the Green River Lakes area is the headwaters of the Green river.
There are plenty of nice spots near where I suggested you camp to catch dinner.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
My wife and I were in Jackson a couple weeks ago. It was packed. all the campgrounds within 60 miles were at full occupancy.

The city of Jackson was overcrowded traffic was horrible. Most of the people working in the stores and restaurants were really nasty when it came to enforcing mask rules.
If you want to fish check out Buffalo Wyoming or Thermopolis. Much nicer towns and less riding for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne