Bruder Exp-4 thoughts?

rehammer81

It looks exactly like another version of the OPUS OP15. All these Australian caravans (Black Series, MDC, OPUS, etc.) are Chinese knockoffs of each other. Not saying that's a bad thing. It is just like the Chinese RTTs. Same basic thing then mix and match minor features and layout changes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I decided not to go through with the transaction. Too nervous about Zone not having a U.S. presence. I'm close to ordering a Kimberley Kruiser S3 Eco suite. Kimberley has a U.S. distributor. I know him--he has been the Conqueror distributor in the U.S. Search for Kimberley Kampers United States and you'll find him. The Karavan is similar to the Zone I was looking at, but roomier and a better product, I think. I decided to go with the Kruiser because of ease of set up and pack up.

It looks exactly like another version of the OPUS OP15. All these Australian caravans (Black Series, MDC, OPUS, etc.) are Chinese knockoffs of each other. Not saying that's a bad thing. It is just like the Chinese RTTs. Same basic thing then mix and match minor features and layout changes.

The Zone products are manufactured in Australia. So are Kimberley Kampers. Kimberley is committed to getting into the U.S. market in a big way for a small company. High quality and incredible design, in my opinion. Nothing like Black Series, MDC, OPUS, etc.

rehammer81

The Zone products are manufactured in Australia. So are Kimberley Kampers. Kimberley is committed to getting into the U.S. market in a big way for a small company. High quality and incredible design, in my opinion. Nothing like Black Series, MDC, OPUS, etc.
Kimberley I'll believe are completely different from the other group. That Zone. Nope. It might be assembled in Australia, like the others are, but all the main parts, frame, suspension, boxes, etc are coming out of the same Chinese factories. They are identical. They essentially look like carbon copies. Like I said, it is like the Chinese RTTs. Not saying they are crap or bad but it is what it is. If they were unique they would not look so similar and obviously share many of the exact same components.

WFOORBUST

donthompson, Thanks for the info, I don't blame you on changing your mind, I won't buy without seeing one first. Without having the company importing one and making sure it's US legal is to big of a gamble for me. I've started looking at the Kimberly as well. I will have to ask the folks at zone where all of the components come from, I don't want Chinese crap for a trailer.

WFOORBUST

FYI, an email I received from Zone RV and where the parts come from, I was curious after I read the above info about most of the stuff being from China. Still would like to see one in person, maybe next year at Expo?

My email to them:

Are all of the components for your trailer, frames, suspension, boxes and other items made in house in Australia or do you source some/any of the materials from China? Just trying to do my home work before I decide who to go with. Thanks

Answer: yes all made here and we source most parts as locally as possible

rehammer81

FYI, an email I received from Zone RV and where the parts come from, I was curious after I read the above info about most of the stuff being from China. Still would like to see one in person, maybe next year at Expo?

My email to them:

Are all of the components for your trailer, frames, suspension, boxes and other items made in house in Australia or do you source some/any of the materials from China? Just trying to do my home work before I decide who to go with. Thanks

Answer: yes all made here and we source most parts as locally as possible
Not a very complete answer. I could be wrong and I would like to know for sure if I am, but I don't believe these Zone trailers or the OffroadRVs trailers don't have ties back to China and the Black Series, MDC, OPUS, etc trailers. The trailers as a whole and specific components like the suspension and frame all look so similar or even identical. Kimberley trailers for example are completely different looking. The design is obviously completely different. I'm just saying all these companies are doing with these trailers what the various roof-top-tent "manufacturers" did with the Chinese RTT designs.

onthemorrow

Anyone own, or know anyone that owns, a Bruder EXP-4? I'm looking to get in touch with someone with some hands-on experience with it. Considering a purchase - holding off though for sure for the upgraded model that is supposed to come out in September 2020 (modest upgrades like a slide out table above the fridge, larger fridge, and pass through storage are all possible in the works)

rojoe01

Anyone own, or know anyone that owns, a Bruder EXP-4? I'm looking to get in touch with someone with some hands-on experience with it. Considering a purchase - holding off though for sure for the upgraded model that is supposed to come out in September 2020 (modest upgrades like a slide out table above the fridge, larger fridge, and pass through storage are all possible in the works)

Interested in whether you got any leads on reviews or hands-on experience on the EXP-4 elsewhere?

Romer

Adventurer
Kimberley I'll believe are completely different from the other group. That Zone. Nope. It might be assembled in Australia, like the others are, but all the main parts, frame, suspension, boxes, etc are coming out of the same Chinese factories. They are identical. They essentially look like carbon copies. Like I said, it is like the Chinese RTTs. Not saying they are crap or bad but it is what it is. If they were unique they would not look so similar and obviously share many of the exact same components.

Just want to clarify that Kimberley are built and assembled in Australia. There are several components they actually source from the US like the solar panels. This was my unit being built in 2015. They well send you build pictures as they assemble your unit.
image 7.JPGimage 5.JPGimage 8.JPGKimberley Factory.JPG

@bomar also got pictures built of his unit from this year (2020) so things havent changed
IMG-3699.jpg

rehammer81

I'd really like to have a Karavan. Just can't quite swallow the price yet. I also want to see them maintain a solid presence in North America. The Karavan really is the trailer that just about checks all the boxes in my wish list.

I'd really like to have a Karavan. Just can't quite swallow the price yet. I also want to see them maintain a solid presence in North America. The Karavan really is the trailer that just about checks all the boxes in my wish list.

The U.S. importer/distributor has taken quite a few orders. I think by the end of 2021, there will be quite a few new Kimberley Kampers, Karavans and Krusers in the United States. Mine is scheduled to be complete in December. Hope to have it sometime in February.

rehammer81

That's awesome! That Karavan is probably tops on my list right now if money was no issue. There really isn't anything else similar available in the U.S. currently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94