"Bruce" the 2014 Jeep JKUR Build Thread

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I was told running the air lines up through my teraflex spacer would be the best way to go. Now, you got me thinking your way would be better. I still have to cut the spring guide off my spacer however. I knew they work great either way, but I like having some support to the hose along the brake line seems like the way to go.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
The desert after a rain is awesome. I remember the smells on the fresh air. :)
Disco Joe is looking pretty righteous! I've always like the Disco's and Defenders. Love the ride in the Discovery.
Also really like that cargo net. Will probably copy you on that (you know, the whole imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;))
Sounds like things are going great. Can't wait to read you guys have closed on the house. :beer:

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
I was told running the air lines up through my teraflex spacer would be the best way to go. Now, you got me thinking your way would be better. I still have to cut the spring guide off my spacer however. I knew they work great either way, but I like having some support to the hose along the brake line seems like the way to go.

I'd looked at both options. But it looks like the bag is designed to rest on the included puck on the bottom and nestle into the bottom of the spring. I wanted to limit how much articulation would pull out the airlines. I also ran them separately. Many who know more about towing than me say it's more stable. If they're cross linked the airbags can kind of counter the anti sway bar.

The desert after a rain is awesome. I remember the smells on the fresh air. :)
Disco Joe is looking pretty righteous! I've always like the Disco's and Defenders. Love the ride in the Discovery.
Also really like that cargo net. Will probably copy you on that (you know, the whole imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ;))
Sounds like things are going great. Can't wait to read you guys have closed on the house. :beer:

I really like Mitchells discover and so did my wife surprisingly. I should have bought this white 95 5-speed disco I saw around the time I bought the jeep. Then, wed have plenty of money for the house.

I was skeptical of the cargo net but it worked like a charm. I attached it with Spiderweb shade style bungee cords at the front and rear and the adjustable straps at the front, rear and corners. To unload it, I loosen the PS corner straps and side straps and slide stuff in. Seems like a better use of space than the gun rack I had there. And my OzTent Malamoo 3 slides between the rear roll cage and the hard top, above the hi lift, shovel and ax.

Id love to close on the house too. We were supposed to in a few days. But the seller changed the price slightly which made our loan just north of the Fannie Mae conforming loan limit. So now we have to come up with 4% more down payment. So the closing got pushed back 60 days.

Last edited:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I'd looked at both options. But it looks like the bag is designed to rest on the included puck on the bottom and nestle into the bottom of the spring. I wanted to limit how much articulation would pull out the airlines. I also ran them separately. Many who know more about towing than me say it's more stable. If they're cross linked the airbags can kind of counter the anti sway bar.

I really like Mitchells discover and so did my wife surprisingly. I should have bought this white 95 5-speed disco I saw around the time I bought the jeep. Then, wed have plenty of money for the house.

I was skeptical of the cargo net but it worked like a charm. I attached it with Spiderweb shade style bungee cords at the front and rear and the adjustable straps at the front, rear and corners. To unload it, I loosen the PS corner straps and side straps and slide stuff in. Seems like a better use of space than the gun rack I had there. And my OzTent Malamoo 3 slides between the rear roll cage and the hard top, above the hi lift, shovel and ax.

Id love to close on the house too. We were supposed to in a few days. But the seller changed the price slightly which made our loan just north of the Fannie Mae conforming loan limit. So now we have to come up with 4% more down payment. So the closing got pushed back 60 days.

Yeah, That is the way I would set them up too. run air to each so essentially is like 2 separate heavier springs.

As for the house, did you both agree and accept the original offer? then they cannot get out of that original offer.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader

Hey thanks for the info on the net Klaus. That will be helpful for when I do this. :beer:
Will keep my fingers crossed for you guys.
BTW: finally found "the" dog. Black long hair hippy type GSD. Somehow he ended up at a shelter as a stray. If he'd been my dog, I'd of searched the world to get him back. He's an absolute sweetheart, and about a year-year and a half old. Very happy, and lucky to have him.

Presto88

Adventurer
BTW: finally found "the" dog. Black long hair hippy type GSD. Somehow he ended up at a shelter as a stray. If he'd been my dog, I'd of searched the world to get him back. He's an absolute sweetheart, and about a year-year and a half old. Very happy, and lucky to have him.

Pic?

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
You know what they say, Pics or it didn't happen. Mine is such a paranoid goof.

_DSC0237.JPG

kojackJKU, we're buying the condo we've been living in for the last 4 years from our land lord off market. In January he threw out a price and a no-realtor discount. So we'd been operating with that number in mind. Then he finally got the property appraised, and the appraisal came in like $50,000 more than the price we'd be working toward. So the seller kind of met us in the middle. Still a great deal and he's given us about 6mos to get our **** together. But I thought it was going to be over April 30th, not June 30th.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Nothing says devotion like a GSD

You know what they say, Pics or it didn't happen. Mine is such a paranoid goof.

_DSC0237.JPG

That right there is a lot of love! Great picture. :beer:
I have an affinity for GSDs, that goes back to when I was about 4 or 5 years old.
Super-Mutt 2.0 is a very gentle easy going boy, but still has some "puppy" to him. He is a lot of fun!

Attachments

• Jeep-Dog.jpg
    Jeep-Dog.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 43

da10A

Adventurer
Wow, looks like our police dogs at work. Nice pup..... Here's Bella my tazmanian devil/standard poodle. I like to see her as a Doberman with an afro ;-) cause she is one mean ********...
e04f7cfef47131c520e6257eed136839.jpg

Last edited:

da10A

Adventurer
Lol, we adopted her she was 2 1/2, so changing the name was touchy. I had owned boxers all my youth, but the wife being allergic, the daughter wanting a dog, me not wanting anything small, had me go with a sure choice. No allergies whatsoever. I thought my boxers were smart!!!! This dogs helps my now 13 year old daughter with her maths :-D

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
My friend has a Standard Poodle as her Service Dog. She has cerebral palsy, and needs help to stand and stay steady. Her dog is her rock, a clown, and a dog's kind of dog. Got to give some love to the Standard Poodle. I've seen they can hunt well too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94