Brown Davis Long Range Transfer Tank Group Buy

Yuke

Adventurer
Hey Guys,

I’m ordering some extended range fuel tanks in from Australia and wanted to extend a discount to anyone who jumped in with me.
These tanks add 19.8 gallons to a JKU doubling our range.

price comes down to 1249 for anyone who wants to jump in with me before I order on 2/10.5590A3F7-46BB-4916-A945-4818F2D21D57.jpeg7A9B8379-152C-4C35-8C5E-938A8AA85C04.jpegE202462B-3EF0-4DF3-8AE4-7EA480E0EC0A.jpeg

JDaPP

Adventurer
Most aux tanks for the Jeep look like that. My LRA is just as close to the exhaust and I haven't had any issues.

Simons

Adventurer
I’m curious why that looks sketchy? It’s a heavy gauge steel tank, not plastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
My plastic water tank is that close to the exhaust (with a thin steel rock guard) and I've never had an issue driving 10 hour days is 120F heat.

-Dan

roving1

Why put that much heat into the fuel? I don't think it's going to explode or anything but it sure seems like vapor lock would not be hard achieve. It looks like there is zero heat shielding and lots of enclosed areas.

If it works and is industry norm I guess I stand corrected. With diesel I could see but with gas I am baffled why there is not at least heat shielding. I have boiled gas in OEM tanks under high load and slow or no speeds with less closed in area next to a tank.

Last edited:

roving1

[
My plastic water tank is that close to the exhaust (with a thin steel rock guard) and I've never had an issue driving 10 hour days is 120F heat.

-Dan
Your plastic tank isn't enveloping the exhaust and water does not have a flashpoint of - 45F that gasoline does and plastic doesn't conduct heat like metal.

Simons

Adventurer
Well, food for thought, imagine how warm your fuel rail gets. How about the gas tank sitting directly above your air cooled rototiller engine, or lawnmower.
I honestly believe you have zero worries about the exhaust heat radiating off your muffler heating up that 19.5gal tank to the point of vapour lock. It’s not like it’s sitting beside your catalytic converter. It’s probably also set up like a transfer tank anyways. So the fuel is pumped from it into your main tank. I understand your initial apprehension though. It’s logical to think muffler HOT! And gas EXPLODE!

Last edited:

roving1

Well, food for thought, imagine how warm your fuel rail gets.
I honestly believe you have zero worries about the exhaust heat radiating off your muffler heating up that 19.5gal tank to the point of vapour lock. It’s probably also set up like a transfer tank anyways. So the fuel is pumped from it into your main tank. I understand your initial apprehension though. It’s logical to think muffler HOT! And gas EXPLODE!

That is an extremely valid point about being it being just a transfer tank. Not really going to stop the main tank from working.

But the heat from the rail was sort of what I was thinking about in that it is constantly heating up the fuel system anyways. I had a vehicle heat soaked in the desert on the highway. We got off and climbed a grade. At the top we realized we went the wrong way and in trying to turn around we got stuck. After getting out to let the tires down I could hear boiling and thought it was the cooling system but it was the gas in the tank. After airing down the vehicle got vapor locked and we had to let it cool for an hour. If the system is heat soaked already it doesn't take a lot of extra to send it over. But maybe that much metal dissipates heat better than I imagine.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
[
Your plastic tank isn't enveloping the exhaust and water does not have a flashpoint of - 45F that gasoline does and plastic doesn't conduct heat like metal.

My 3.8 JK doesn't have that extra resonator in the exhaust, but I'd say my tank is closer to the exhaust than the one pictured at the top of this thread.

diy-4x4-water-tank-mounted-with-straps1-640x960.jpg

(Note, there is a thin metal rock guard between the plastic and the exhaust, they are about half an inch apart

I would have thought if it were a problem the plastic tank would have melted.

-Dan

Jayp1981

Hey Guys,

I’m ordering some extended range fuel tanks in from Australia and wanted to extend a discount to anyone who jumped in with me.
These tanks add 19.8 gallons to a JKU doubling our range.

price comes down to 1249 for anyone who wants to jump in with me before I order on 2/10.View attachment 564912View attachment 564913View attachment 564914
How was your experience working with Brown Davis? I'm looking at their spare tire location tank for my 2500 ram, any issues with getting the tank imported? {edit, sorry for the typo}

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles