Bronco Sport

Yup! I believe you're right.

Also the stepped up rear roof line is reminiscent of the old Disco II's - now they just need to come in a sandglow color... how to instigate 101

jadmt

ignore button user
My buddy saw one in person at his dealership as it was brought in for training and said he was underwhelmed. He has the real bronco on order, he said seeing the sport was almost enough to cancel his order.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
My buddy saw one in person at his dealership as it was brought in for training and said he was underwhelmed. He has the real bronco on order, he said seeing the sport was almost enough to cancel his order.
Why would it make him want to cancel? They are two different vehicles. Sport is just a Escape with a boxier body.

jadmt

ignore button user
Why would it make him want to cancel? They are two different vehicles. Sport is just a Escape with a boxier body.
he said the sport was so disappointing that he is worried the real bronco will be a let down as well. Now as too why I don't know why just what he told me. He has been working on Fords at the same dealership for 40 years.

Dougnuts

As someone who owns, and loves, a 2015 Outback 3.6R, there’s a lot to like with the Bronco Sport. Something like this will soft road and daily drive quite well, which is the volume market, where money is made.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I'd rather they have made the current Escape look like Bronco Sport, and left it at that.
Reminds me of the 2008-12 Escape lookwise.
Totally agree. When I first saw the Bronco sport it reminded me of what Ford was trying to do with the Gen 1 Escape No Boundaries.

ford_escape_harrisburg_03_01-800.jpg

he said the sport was so disappointing that he is worried the real bronco will be a let down as well. Now as too why I don't know why just what he told me. He has been working on Fords at the same dealership for 40 years.
Oh well. His dough, if he doesn't feel he's getting his moneys worth, it's his call. Out of curiosity how long can he wait to back out? Could he wait to see a fullsize Bronco to guage?

jadmt

ignore button user
Totally agree. When I first saw the Bronco sport it reminded me of what Ford was trying to do with the Gen 1 Escape No Boundaries.

View attachment 637455

Oh well. His dough, if he doesn't feel he's getting his moneys worth, it's his call. Out of curiosity how long can he wait to back out? Could he wait to see a fullsize Bronco to guage?
No idea what kind of arrangement he has. He has worked there ~40 years so I am sure gets treated well.

85_Ranger4x4

Not a bad little car, the best looker in Ford's lineup right now until the big Bronco makes its way out.

I am almost claustrophobic in an Escape so I don't have big hopes for the Bronco Sport. We have a regular Bronco reserved.

dustboy

Explorer
Out of sheer luck, I ended up with a Badlands in my driveway. My dad had ordered it last year on a whim, and gave up waiting. When it finally came in to the dealer, I wasted no time. Right before Ford shut down production again.

Haven’t had it on a trail yet, but my first impression is that it feels very sturdy and planted. The ride is firm, some might find it too harsh, but it takes large pothole hits like a champ. I got the rockcrawling bug out of my system back in my 20’s and this hits the sweet spot between off-road capability and daily-driveability. I plan to break it in at Sourgrass in a couple weeks. The powertrain and AWD system is a bit too digital for my taste, welcome to the future. A 2-speed transfer case would have been nice.

The 2.0 Ecoboost has plenty of giddyups, this being primarily FWD the torque steer can be a little intense. Mixed MPG’s have been around 24, city-only is high teens. Was hoping for better. I’m guessing highway cruising will see high 20’s. Edit: My biggest complaint is that the fuel tank is too small. So far 350 miles of range is the best I’ve seen, which is about what I get in my fully loaded Transit 250. Again, I expect this to improve significantly with longer highway trips.

It doesn’t feel small on the inside, at 6’ 3” I still have a good 4” of space over my head. Would have liked some deeper seat bottoms, they are comfortable but a bit more length on the thigh support would be welcome. Cargo space is very good due to the high roof, but don’t expect to fit an XL 29” MTB vertically. Smaller bikes will fit, getting them under the rear door header is a pain though as the door opening is about 5” shorter than the ceiling.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles