Bronco Mothership

85_Ranger4x4

Someday... I am making one of these with my Ranger tailgate.

So yeah, despite her best efforts... I did manage to survive.

Seriously she did awesome, not saying I have a done a ton of crazy stuff offroad because I haven't but she did way above an beyond anything I have ever done. If I was bumbling along and came across that crazy hillclimb it would have been "bummer, kinda weird for a trail to end like that" as I turn around go back the other way.

Horseshoe Bay Resort actually owns the property the Off-Roadeo is on, followed this home which was kinda funny.

One thing that really impressed me, they didn't really push all the techy crap. Which makes since because not everybody has a loaded Badlands Sasquatch. How to modulate the brake and gas pedal together to simulate a locker. And then in the odd chance that that didn't work we "used a tool", generally a locker. Aside from the big climb, with that one we were told to throw both lockers at that from the start. Absolutely nothing with goat modes... which was really kinda nice.

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

The house we stayed in was near the Sam Houston National Forest... after being newly acquainted the concept of forest service roads, lets explore!

So I got Garmin installed with maps of the park downloaded and we are off. I was running Gaia on my phone... kept losing cell reception.

Poor tree probably has a story to tell.

We were by ourselves and really didn't know where we were going. Most were just dead ends Ended up on a more gravel road than wasn't very exciting although we did bump into forest service folks doing a controlled burn which I don't see every day.

The little miniature palm trees are neat, they are all over in some areas.

On our way back home we could see the smoke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94