Bronco Killer: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 470HP 392 CONFIRMED for 2021 Q1 sales.

D

Deleted member 9101

Thats cute...a 2.7 with still out preform it on a trail. A 2.7 with a tune and down pipe will probably embarrass the Hemi on the pavement.

Also... The 2.7 will run on 87 octane all day long.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
FCA is having a huge problem with MPG. They are runnning out of Tesla carbon credits and its cost them a fortune. FCA took to long jumping on the electric car bandwagon, and now they are in trouble. It will be a awesome Jeep, but very limited. During the dealer meeting, they are begging and paying dealers very well to push the Hybrid Pacifica, which is the biggest POS they have ever made.

Wallygator

Adventurer
Way to go Jeep. I won't be able to afford it but good to Jeep for producing it.

An just hilarious you Ford guys here trying to already downplay this vehicle or point out made up negative things about it and/or Jeep
. Love it!

Last edited:

rnArmy

Adventurer
I think it is great that Jeep is offering this as an option on the 2021 Wrangler. Anything to keep the Wrangler sales up, and keeping the Wrangler "Pure" (by "pure" I mean boxy, tall, body on frame, and two solid axles). This new V-8 offering is a good thing for us Overlanders.

So if you wanna hotrod Wrangler, get the V-8. If you want adequate power and extended range for overlanding, stick with the V-6. Too easy.

I want the V-8, but I want it in a new Dodge Power Wagon (which is essentially a light duty 3/4 ton four-door truck Rubicon). Since I can't afford a new Jeep or Truck anytime soon (nor later...), I'll have to stick with what I've got.

2000LJ

Observer
I’m going to chime in at the risk of being flamed....
I own a Brute with a 392 hemi, and have for a number of years. It has 40s and 1 tons and goes camping all the time with the flippac on the back.

The power is outstanding, and totally excessive for overlanding, however so are the tires and axles. The mpg is not good, in fact this is my biggest issue with the vehicle. I will be installing a aux tank some day for range anxiety.

This vehicle does what “I” (and my family) want, It is not for everyone. It is my personal vehicle and built to take on stupid trails solo, and not worry about breaking something and yet, still go camping. If I had the ability to travel globally I would not own this vehicle and honestly would prefer to own a 3.0 crd in this truck, regardless. (I like diesel tho)

My point with all of this is...... to each their own. Jeep sees a market of “mall crawlers” or otherwise they can sell the 392 to, so good on them. I am happy with my 392 but it is not for everyone or even every trip. I have one truck outside work and I want to to do everything well. “The master of all, but expert at none” approach, and the 392 helps in this, even with its shortfalls.

Cheers

autism family travels

Ford is killing the bronco all by themselves with the 7995 sasquatch option. I was looking at getting one, however, 8g CDN for a set of 35s, fenders and a mini lift....NAH. I will keep my unlimited and spend 2g and have a more capable rig.

cobro92

Ford is killing the bronco all by themselves with the 7995 sasquatch option. I was looking at getting one, however, 8g CDN for a set of 35s, fenders and a mini lift....NAH. I will keep my unlimited and spend 2g and have a more capable rig.

You’ll save money going to bigger wheels and tires yourself but that aftermarket work you did will basically void a lot of the warranty. I think one important selling point of the Sasquatch package is that it’s from the factory and warrantied by Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

autism family travels

You’ll save money going to bigger wheels and tires yourself but that aftermarket work you did will basically void a lot of the warranty. I think one important selling point of the Sasquatch package is that it’s from the factory and warrantied by Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can buy lifts, tires, wheels, etc right from my local jeep dealer, have them installed there and then keep my factory warranty. For thousands less than the massively overpriced "squatch" package. I do like the bronco, but that package is just out to lunch.

autism family travels

Do tell... What turns the tires...?

He should have said, it's more than just engines that get you down the trail. We can play the "butwhatabout adding x parts to it game back and forth". Add a supercharger to the Hemi and you have hellcat power. Stock for stock, the Hemi is more powerful than any ecoboost...and more reliable too. We have 2 f150s in the family, both with 5.0. We would never buy an ecoboost. They have a knack for catching on fire up here.

D

Deleted member 9101

He should have said, it's more than just engines that get you down the trail. We can play the "butwhatabout adding x parts to it game back and forth". Add a supercharger to the Hemi and you have hellcat power. Stock for stock, the Hemi is more powerful than any ecoboost...and more reliable too. We have 2 f150s in the family, both with 5.0. We would never buy an ecoboost. They have a knack for catching on fire up here.

And the 2.7 makes more power in the lower RPM range than the Hemi.

And how on earth do Ecoboost catch fire where you live?

autism family travels

Just curious, does the 6.4 require special gas in the Jeep? The one in my power wagon runs on 87.

No it doesn't. It runs on 87.

And the 2.7 makes more power in the lower RPM range than the Hemi.

And how on earth do Ecoboost catch fire where you live?

If I knew the answer to that, I would be employed by ford to fix the issue. 4 in the past month or two burned on the highways here. Common issue in our parts. Most likely in other parts too but you know how fans see things. Almost like the 3.6 pentajesus in my Jeep. There's many issues with this motor but talk to most chrysler fans and they are the second coming.

D

Deleted member 9101

Just curious, does the 6.4 require special gas in the Jeep? The one in my power wagon runs on 87.

That's a really good question. I know most new vehicles can sense the octane of the fuel that they are using and adjust accordingly. I'd imagine the 6.4 is no different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles