Bricknose F-350/ Wildernest build

christianoffroad

Cheap Adventurer!
th_20160310_185534_zpsrln594px.jpg

th_20160312_172022_zpsf4yq06ce.jpg

Forgot to attach pics! First pic is before paint and carpet. Spare tire will be getting moved to outside carrier soon as I get a chance.

christianoffroad

Cheap Adventurer!

Bigger picture. The top of the box will double as a couch/bed. Working on finishing out the rear enclosure. Removing tailgate and hatch, replacing with a entry door, half hatch, fold down tool access thingy......you will just have to wait for me to finish and post pics for that to make sense!

Somecallmetimm

Adventurer
You seem to have a cool little Samurai following you... or was it the other way around?
he he.

Great weekend!!! Lets do it again. SOON!

christianoffroad

Cheap Adventurer!
You seem to have a cool little Samurai following you... or was it the other way around?
he he.

Great weekend!!! Lets do it again. SOON!

You mean that little green thing? I just keep one of those folded up in my glovebox in case I need to run to the store!

Yes, very soon!

Clutch

<---Pass
Very nice build.

Question, how water proof is your new tent material? Decide whether or not you need a fly?

I am currently restoring a 'Nest I just found.

christianoffroad

Cheap Adventurer!
Very nice build.

Question, how water proof is your new tent material? Decide whether or not you need a fly?

I am currently restoring a 'Nest I just found.

So far I have had no need for a rain fly. Haven't had it thru a monsoon, but had a pretty hard rain at one point for about an hour, the showers on and off, and had no water intrusion. Overall I have been really happy with the replacement! Now if I can just find a good sleeping mattress.......

Clutch

<---Pass
So far I have had no need for a rain fly. Haven't had it thru a monsoon, but had a pretty hard rain at one point for about an hour, the showers on and off, and had no water intrusion. Overall I have been really happy with the replacement! Now if I can just find a good sleeping mattress.......

Thanks man, that is good to hear. Did they send you any swatches to pic from?

My last Wildernest I found a some charcoal grey 4" mattress foam at Sportsmans Warehouse, but I think that was a fluke. As I looked again from time to time, and haven't seen it since.

christianoffroad

Cheap Adventurer!
If I remember, they gave me a cpl choices in color over the phone, but I told them I was looking for gray, so that's what we went with. I would imagine you could get color swatches to look at, they had fantastic customer service!

Clutch

<---Pass
If I remember, they gave me a cpl choices in color over the phone, but I told them I was looking for gray, so that's what we went with. I would imagine you could get color swatches to look at, they had fantastic customer service!

Awesome, thanks!

Thanks for doing all the leg work, it renewed my interest in a Wildernest again...now that we can get new tents made for them. Because of you I started looking for another....took some time, but found one, yahoo!

christianoffroad

Cheap Adventurer!
Awesome, thanks!

Thanks for doing all the leg work, it renewed my interest in a Wildernest again...now that we can get new tents made for them. Because of you I started looking for another....took some time, but found one, yahoo!

I'm flattered! I love 'Nests, wish they were still made! Every time I deploy mine, I get half the camping area coming to look and ask about it! Glad to hear others are working to restore these awesome designed units! Now, just get out there and put it to its intended use!!! And post pics!

Clutch

<---Pass
I'm flattered! I love 'Nests, wish they were still made! Every time I deploy mine, I get half the camping area coming to look and ask about it! Glad to hear others are working to restore these awesome designed units! Now, just get out there and put it to its intended use!!! And post pics!

I regretted selling my first one, but the shell and the tent were in such bad shape...at the time no new tents were available....now there is hope!

The better 3/4's is away for a couple weeks, I have to stay home and hold down the fort...but when she is gets back I am heading here.

11990517_10153657425129630_6770549937280881580_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles