Breathing life back into a high milage SR

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I dunno about guru, but i've owned quite a few. :D

you mean sometihng like this?

1503940_10201843777789166_1238805725_n.jpg

That thing is friggin awesome! :)

This is my last Volvo wagon a little while back (E85, T3/T04E .63, stock motor, about ~340whp in the vid) playing with my buddy in his ~320whp MS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbS5jAbBWRw

I have a new engine sitting on a stand (another Volvo 5-pot, but a newer one with a few more goodies)...waiting to find a good clean wagon to put it in. Should make about ~415wheel, ~450 crank...new turbo, FMIC, cams, better head). There's something so satisfying about sleepers! :)

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
Nice! Gotta love wagons :D

Progress.

036f412c6e8611e38e350e3f2ef40ad6_8.jpg

Rebuilt the second head this morning, went much smoother once i strapped the head to the bench. Came in for lunch and as I was headed back out to the shop the Fedex guy showed up with my revised lifters. too bad the supplier grabbed the wrong part number off the shelf and sent me the wrong lifters! I made a phone call and their next day airing (fedex) the correct lifters. So the engine goes in tomorrow, I'll spend the morning putting the body lift on the truck and trimming ****. :sombrero:

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
That's a nice lookin sedan, reminds me of the Galant VR4 I daily drive.

d326580a43c611e3bed922000ab69b68_7.jpg

20 hockey pucks later the truck is lifted 2 inches. Redneck as ****! (puts on flame suit)

b5cdc3766f7011e3b48a0ecf475cc80d_8.jpg

engine went in today, but the torque converter didnt want to line up so I pulled it back out and will install the TC tomorrow and then put the engine in. Hoping to have it running late tomorrow evening.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Are hockey pucks that common or cheap up there? would cost a fortune to do that here.

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
haha yeah I think I got them for $1.50 each or so.

Truck runs, intake butterfly shaft is leaking, so there's a vac leak, so I'm done with it until a new manifold arrives. Runs good though so far, I'll be making 3 inch exhaust for it while I wait I guess.

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I've toyed with the idea of an exhaust and a couple other bolt-ons, because I have gotten to the point where I've maxed out the engine's output and still wished for more power (especially when off roading at over 4,000 feet elevation). But I didn't want to set foot on that slippery slope, because I know I won't be satisfied with anything short of a big block or forced induction. lol.

Maybe a little 40-shot sneaky pete for those times when you need a little extra grunt. Hmmm... ;)

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I've toyed with the idea of an exhaust and a couple other bolt-ons, because I have gotten to the point where I've maxed out the engine's output and still wished for more power (especially when off roading at over 4,000 feet elevation). But I didn't want to set foot on that slippery slope, because I know I won't be satisfied with anything short of a big block or forced induction. lol.

Maybe a little 40-shot sneaky pete for those times when you need a little extra grunt. Hmmm... ;)

Try living at 4,800 feet and driving paved roads over 7,000 feet on a regular basis, it will really make your rig feel underpowered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94