Brandon Libby's Teardrop Camper

camper for expo.JPG

If you happen to follow my Instagram feed, you may recall the construction of my teardrop camper. Assembled over the course of several months, this little guy came together just in time to make the first Overland Expo East in Asheville, NC. It's camped beside lakes, rivers and the expansive forests of the Southeastern United States. It's also been to the Windriver mountain range and traveled from the East Coast to the expansive Western US.

It's been a great little camper keeping us warm and dry. Our family is now growing, so we are forced to move to a larger unit. This camper is structurally sound featuring two pre-fabricated doors with tinted sliding windows and bug screens. The rear of the camper features a full galley that pivots on a hurricane hinge.

The inside of the galley contains a stainless steel prep sink and features all baltic birch plywood, stained and coated with polyurethane.
In the lower portion of the galley, there is a slide out cubby large enough for an 50 or 37qt ARB fridge freezer (or similarly sized cooler), a two tiered slide out pantry, and a cabinet beneath the sink for extra items. The rear of the under-sink cabinet provides access to a Flo-jet 12 volt auto pressure sensing water pump and 33 gallon potable RV water tank. There is also a reasonably sized pair of stacked drawers on the counter top for silverware and coffee mugs.

The interior features a queen sized, pillow top mattress. Above the head of the bed are two baltic birch cabinets that hinge upward for ease of access whether inside or outside of the camper. Between the bed and the front of the camper, there are two deep cubbies with vinyl wrapped lids to store clothes and other items (the driver's side also features a lockable safe). Above the foot of the bed, there is a large shelf that hinges up for ease of bed making. This shelf is large enough for dogs or small children up to or slightly greater than 100 lbs. The interior is illuminated with a small light located on the ceiling and a Maxx-Air RV fain is located in the center of the ceiling for ventilation.

The exterior of the camper is coated with a two fresh applications of tan, Monstaliner bed liner -which is smooth to the touch unlike most bed liners. On the tongue, there is as box that contains a potty and leveling bubbles for setting up camp. There are also two adjustable stabilizers in the rear that swing down with one hand to keep the camper firmly in place.

Overall, the camper is in great condition and will surely provide years of service. There are a few things I'd like to point out. I had the intention of installing three deep cycle batteries with solar, but never got around to it. As such, the water pump and interior fan are not powered. Also, the sink still needs to be plumbed. There is a large area ahead of the water tank that could be accessed if you were to create a door on the lower side of the camper. I intended to do this when I installed the batteries -but, again, I never got around to it. If you tend to camp where there is power, you could easily wire the camper to simply plug into 110V instead of going through the trouble of installing batteries and/or solar.

As is, it's ready to go. We camped in its current condition for many nights. The galley works great for food prep and you get to take a comfy mattress with you rather than sleeping on the ground. You can also legally and safely camp in bear country with this camper. I will post more pics soon. You can also visit my Instagram to see how it was built.

Cheers

Here are some specs and info prepared by my lovely wife:

Features
 Excellent craftsmanship for vintage look, built 2014
 New Queen pillow top mattress
 “Doors with sliding windows and screens
 Monstaliner” waterproof sealer applied July 2016
 MaxxAir 12V Electric fan with temperature control setting
 Wood finish cabinetry in galley and cabin
 Large hinged shelf inside
 Storage box on tongue (commode)
 Galley Kitchen with sink
 Sturdy detached steps

Specs
 1000lbs (EDW)
 3500 lbs axle
 New spare tire
 Less than 2000 miles
 Hurricane Leak-proof Hinge
 2 “Frank Bear” Teardrop doors
 33 gallon fresh water tank
 12V Flojet RV water pump
 3 Stabilizers to level camper

Potential features
 Pick a power source: solar, battery, electric plug in, or generator and can wire in fan and water pump, add lights etc
 Plumbing of sink, water pump, and water tank
 Huge storage compartment underneath- needs doors constructed

EXTRA OPTIONS!!!
**ARB AWNING (2500mm x 2500mm)
With screened cube room $400
**Outdoor propane shower
with on demand hot water $150
and FREE Shower tent!!

2.JPG
Price: $3750 obo
All reasonable offers considered

Hi Bolojohn, the camper is located in Riverton, Wyoming and it is in fact capable of traversing unimproved roads -that's what it was originally built to do.

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer
Would suggest doing something better with the photos...can you pull the pics together so there is no need to go through your entire feed?

via pyramid energy waves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles