Bought a 2014 Tundra tonight...

huntsonora

Explorer
he is probably stalking a muley

Actually this past week it was elk :elkgrin:

Here is the bull I just found 48 hours ago and will be chasing with my hunter a week from tomorrow...

As for the Tundra, I left the salesman a message and told him I was out and they came back with another offer but it wasn't the offer we agreed upon. It was never so much about price as it was just the principle of the matter. I love the 4Runner Trail Edition and will make do with that for the time being. I will find better deals towards the end of the year IMO so I am just going to wait.

I also put my daughter who is 18 months old and about 28lbs into a front facing car seat and we can now fit both into the back of the 4Runner so thats a plus

jeeps4fun

Adventurer
Looked at the '14 Platinum edition that was in the showroom while my oil was getting changed. Really like the exterior design way more than my '12 model. Interior was very nice and more useable too. Only complaint from the little time I spent with it was the rear seat. It no longer slides/reclines and the seat back is fixed so there is no storage behind it. Also they made the seat base flip up vs the back flip down which is WAY less useful.

j2dd

Congrats on that truck. I am looking at a 2014 Tundra Double Cab 4WD 5.7L. I just ordered a Hallmark Milner pop up truck camper that I will load up for a trip with my wife to South America next year. I have been a little reluctant to pull the trigger on the Tundra although I think its an awesome truck for resale and reliability as it has a lower payload than the other trucks in its class. I will put airbags and Load E tires on whichever truck I buy. Anyone have an opinion on Hauling around a 2,100 payload on and off road with the Tundra? Thanks.

daveyboy

Adventurer
Congrats on that truck. I am looking at a 2014 Tundra Double Cab 4WD 5.7L. I just ordered a Hallmark Milner pop up truck camper that I will load up for a trip with my wife to South America next year. I have been a little reluctant to pull the trigger on the Tundra although I think its an awesome truck for resale and reliability as it has a lower payload than the other trucks in its class. I will put airbags and Load E tires on whichever truck I buy. Anyone have an opinion on Hauling around a 2,100 payload on and off road with the Tundra? Thanks.

You may get responses from folks that think factory ratings are sacrosanct and would recommend a dually to haul cottonballs.

That said, I have had my 2008 Tundra and truck camper (~8000lbs GVW) in every Rocky Mountain state and accumulated thousands of miles doing such--and it has performed absolutely flawlessly. Some of the trips include pullng a 8' trailer with dirtbikes/bicycles as well. I am running Timbrens and 275/70/18 E-rated tires.

I bought the truck camper from a guy that bought both the camper and his F150 new back in the late 90's. His F150 had ~180K miles and was going strong as well.

j2dd

Daveyboy, this is the type of help I'm looking for, people that have a Tundra with a similar setup. Thank you. I suspect my GVW would be in that 8000lbs range when all is said and done. Hallmark installs Firestone Air Bags which look like they rate at 5000lbs vs the Timbrens at 6000, but I think the ability to adjust the side to side load will be helpful. I am thinking about BF Goodrich A/T in similar size. Which brand do you run?

daveyboy

Adventurer
Daveyboy, this is the type of help I'm looking for, people that have a Tundra with a similar setup. Thank you. I suspect my GVW would be in that 8000lbs range when all is said and done. Hallmark installs Firestone Air Bags which look like they rate at 5000lbs vs the Timbrens at 6000, but I think the ability to adjust the side to side load will be helpful. I am thinking about BF Goodrich A/T in similar size. Which brand do you run?

I run BFG ATs--I ran those on my previous Ford as well.

I really like them, but wish they lasted a little longer. They are often a relatively expensive tire, but in the 275/70/18 size, they are one of the cheapest options available.

jeeps4fun

Adventurer
I run BFG ATs--I ran those on my previous Ford as well.

I really like them, but wish they lasted a little longer. They are often a relatively expensive tire, but in the 275/70/18 size, they are one of the cheapest options available.

Is that the stock size on the Rock Warrior? A little lift on my stocker or will that fit without change?

daveyboy

Adventurer
Is that the stock size on the Rock Warrior? A little lift on my stocker or will that fit without change?

A Rock Warrior has 17" wheels and runs a 285/70/17 BFG AT and are slightly shorter. 275/70/18 tires fit on my Tundra stock and I assume would on most others as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online