Boise to Baja in a 60 Series Land Cruiser

Waltzing Matilda

Adventurer
Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

Good to get details re:the crossing from Cocos to Hwy. 1- I always drive down the Pacific side, from San Diego, and often hear stories about how rough it is.

I also stayed at Sirena camp a few days after you were there- the band you heard was the owner's husband. They were warming up for the horse races the next weekend, which were a lot of fun.

Come back soon!

Nosferatu49534

Observer
Very cool pictures. Looks like it was an awesome trip. Also could you post some pics of the hammock set up you have? That looks amazing. :)

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Great write up Jason and great pictures! Glad you guys had such a great time. Seems like it all played out perfect on your end of things and for your trip.

Glad you both made it, super stoked we got to hang out in Baja and I agree, that ceviche was also the best I have ever had. Dreaming of it right now. :)

Cheers

T1NMAN

Awesome write up thanks loved it, next time I volunteer to go to add another idaho plate to the caravan .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJCake1

I don't see a pelican on the bow. But that is a nice hammock setup. Care to elaborate?

M&M Overland Adventures

Longrange308

Adventurer
I think Ive seen you around the area.. I work in Meridian at the corner of Linder and McMillan and Im fairly confident Ive seen your rig.. I love them old land cruisers!

Great photos and looks like a great trip!

Got Beer

Observer
Nice story and pictures. Brings back lots of memories. What a fun idea and excellent trip. And some serious monkey butt award to you guys for the long miles in one effort.

Your lift setup for changing out the rear springs is true Baja engineering!

Your hammock rack is awesome. Would you care to share some additional detail photos (receiver mount?) and specifications? This sleeping set up just got added to the list of modifications for my truck.

krazytoy

Adventurer
I have had a few request on the hammock. It's no hocus pocus Magic. 1.75" x .120 wall DOM welded into the bumper ends at as close to a 45* angle as you can get and a 5' chunk of 1.5" x.120 wall DOM for the poles. Cut, weld, enjoy.

Simple, effective and simply awesome!

krazytoy

Adventurer
I think Ive seen you around the area.. I work in Meridian at the corner of Linder and McMillan and Im fairly confident Ive seen your rig.. I love them old land cruisers!
Great photos and looks like a great trip!
More than likely me, I live right off Linder & McMillen. Say hi sometime!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94