Body and Chassis coming together

Len.Barron

Observer
As I'm getting close to the end of the drive-train changes I'll be shifting to the "camper build out" soon.
Body back on the chassis yesterday, should be running in a week or so. I had wanted to drive it down to Weldtec to pick up the Lightforce Lights I won but it was dragging out longer than I planned.

Attachments

• i31.JPG
    i31.JPG
    423.6 KB · Views: 114
  • i33.JPG
    i33.JPG
    336.7 KB · Views: 113
  • i34.JPG
    i34.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 111

Len.Barron

Observer
Stock chrome bumper and chin spoiler, the spoiler just needs a notch to fit around the receiver. At $185 shipped I can destroy 10 of them before I pay for one aftermarket bumper.

bbbthreat

Good call. What hitch did you go with. I modified a DrawTite 40050 (Class IV) and some massive Grade 8 bolts w/ sleeves. Curious as to your setup.

Len.Barron

Observer
It is a Reese 37096 multi-fit( I think all the multi-fits are Class 3 rated because of the adapter brackets)...I didn't need any of the mounting brackets and actually narrowed it a bit so that I could mount it to the inside of the frame rails instead of outside...that allowed me to tuck it up another inch or so. Shopped around and got one for less than $90..

This is the video that got me looking at this particular hitch...I did it differently but I'll give credit where it's due!

Last edited:

Len.Barron

Observer
front bumper on(new chin spoiler due in tomorrow) and got my wheels/centers on, still need to swap the new tires on to these wheels..

Attachments

• i81.JPG
    i81.JPG
    324.7 KB · Views: 26
  • i83.JPG
    i83.JPG
    326.6 KB · Views: 27
  • i84.JPG
    i84.JPG
    372.5 KB · Views: 26

Len.Barron

Observer
before and after...back on the road...interior build will happen early next summer

Attachments

• before van.jpg
    before van.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 69
  • i92.JPG
    i92.JPG
    382.5 KB · Views: 71

Len.Barron

Observer
04 Ram 3500 wheels with the factory 2000 Express centers. Tires on it now are some roached out Nitto's, LT285/75R17, I have new tires, same size that I need to swap on..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94