Bodega vehicle fridge / freezer

wandererr

Adventurer
Since I ordered Ursa Minor for the JK I realized that a vehicle fridge/freezer makes sense. I went with Bodega BO T36. Got it with a $20 coupon so it almost covered CA sales tax. What I like about that one is that the freezer and fridge sections are identical to each other in size.

Anyways, got a 3 night 4 day trip to Yosemite coming up on which we will test it out. We will also grab it on our couple night Trailer trip to see if it actually works and how well.

Anything specifically to watch out for? I have wireless thermometers that I can use to verify the internal 'sensors'.

I figure if I get 2 years out of it, it should last for couple more. If it fails withing first 2 years AMEX covers it for me so the only loss is food / inconvenience. Given that I rarely ever go to middle of nowhere to the point I can't get to a store in a couple of hours, I always can buy ice to dump in there to tide me over.

Kaptainkid1

Since I ordered Ursa Minor for the JK I realized that a vehicle fridge/freezer makes sense. I went with Bodega BO T36. Got it with a $20 coupon so it almost covered CA sales tax. What I like about that one is that the freezer and fridge sections are identical to each other in size.

Anyways, got a 3 night 4 day trip to Yosemite coming up on which we will test it out. We will also grab it on our couple night Trailer trip to see if it actually works and how well.

Anything specifically to watch out for? I have wireless thermometers that I can use to verify the internal 'sensors'.

I figure if I get 2 years out of it, it should last for couple more. If it fails withing first 2 years AMEX covers it for me so the only loss is food / inconvenience. Given that I rarely ever go to middle of nowhere to the point I can't get to a store in a couple of hours, I always can buy ice to dump in there to tide me over.

Do you have a longer term follow up from this listing?
How did you pay for it?
Have you had any problems and pro/cons after a year of uses?

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

wandererr

Adventurer
Love it. Had it on plenty trips with me. Taking it on another weeklong trip next week. While at home I use it to bring frozen groceries from the store.

How did I pay for it? With a credit card :)

Kaptainkid1

Love it. Had it on plenty trips with me. Taking it on another weeklong trip next week. While at home I use it to bring frozen groceries from the store.

How did I pay for it? With a credit card :)
Ops I meant how much did you pay for it.
Did you uses only the cigarette lighter to power the Bodega? Are you using solar power and a jackery?
So it sounds like you like and you recommend the bodega fridge.
I just bought one and planning to do road camping trip next month. I'm excited to uses the freezer side to have ice cubes and ice cream bars on my hot camping trip.

bas157

If you don't need a fridge asap, add it to you Amazon cart then move to it saved items. I did that and the one I got (Bodega 50L) went on a lightning deal and got it for $323 after taxes. The price also bounced up an d down a good bit even with the lightning sale. The Bodega is the same as Alpicool, except for color and Bodega may have the name molded into the lid. The first one I bought was the Aplicool version. Got it, turned it on, thought it was kinda loud. We took it camping but left in the truck bed instead of the tent it was so loud. After some messages to Aplicool, they determined it to be defective, so back it went. End up seeing the Bodega on sale so got that one instead. It was much quieter, confirming the Alpicool did in fact have an issue. The both use the exact same app to control and monitor it.

Tacomabill, you can set a diff temp for each zone, one can be a fridge, the other a freezer, or two fridges at diff temps if you want, or take the center divider out and have one fridge or freezer.

wandererr

Adventurer
Ops I meant how much did you pay for it.
Did you uses only the cigarette lighter to power the Bodega? Are you using solar power and a jackery?
So it sounds like you like and you recommend the bodega fridge.
I just bought one and planning to do road camping trip next month. I'm excited to uses the freezer side to have ice cubes and ice cream bars on my hot camping trip.

I have a 100AH lifepo4 battery that is charged by my jeep when I drive and when I'm parked for a few days I have a folding 160AH solar battery that keeps it topped off.

For ice cream - put in one of the freezer inserts on the bottom. It's thin and when it gets really hot it might be an issue for ice cream if it's all the way on the bottom ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles