dhackney

Expedition Leader
Hltoppr said:
Dropping off the rim to Jerome....

109067800-M.jpg

109067808-M.jpg

Washed out roads in S. Utah....

84146725-M.jpg

I think these are ideal GSA roads. You can do rockier conditions on one but it gets to be a bit of a slog when you have to pick it up.

On your dirt bike, to avoid monkey butt, try a gel seat, they make a tremendous difference. Also, develop the habit of riding standing up. It makes riding in those Baja conditions much, much easier, especially sand & silt.

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Originally Posted by goodtimes
Oh, food for thought Scott....there is a "big bike bypass" on the TAT.

Originally Posted by expeditionswest
But we are not "bypass" kind of guys

Originally Posted by goodtimes
Not unless one of us (read:me) is on a "big" bike.

As your TAT videographer there will be no bypasses :roost:

buck up!:bigbossHL:

:::

robert

Expedition Leader
Thinking light doesn't always work apparently (from the Feb 07 Motorcyclist magazine):
IMG.jpg

MountainBiker

Experience Seeker
expeditionswest said:
Thanks for the comments. I guess the GSA is more like a F350 with a custom camper than a Jeep Rubicon.

I am still really looking towards the 650 Dakar for trail-ability, but cant help but be intrigued by the 1200 GSA as an option. :roost:
I wouldn't even call the 650 Dakar anywhere near Jeep Rubicon capability in their respective categories.

Of the showroom floor, the Rubicon is not so comfortable on the pavement, but pretty capable offroad. While I haven't ridden the latest incarnation of the 650 Dakar, I think I can judge it fairly well by it's specs and pedigree. It should have medium comfort on pavement, and be very capable on graded dirt roads, but not so good when the going gets tough. I'd classify the Dakar is a great city bike, and occassional dirt road tourer. This thing is much more of a street bike than a KLR650 (the older model).

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Desertdude said:
As your TAT videographer there will be no bypasses :roost:

buck up!:bigbossHL:

:::
And that is why I am not on a "big" GS. I only brought up the subject because Scotty was dreaming about one of those top heavy pigs. I'm not to concerned with the little GS through...just as long as F'in doesn't pick the trail.:peepwall:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles