Blundstone Boots

emulous74

I have a pair for about 2 years now that I got the LLBean, with their return policy I figured I could return them if they didn't hold up to the abuse. While they look like crap, they have held up awesome as they are used for everything from taking the dog for a hike, mowing the lawn and camping excursions. I would buy another pair in a heartbeat

alanymarce

I've tried them (R.M.Williams and others of the same style) several times over the last few years, however apparently my feet just don't fit them.

I consider Courteneys to be absolutely the best boots. Used a pair all of last year as daily wear all around Australia and they were (still are) really comfortable, really practical, and really well made.

Out of interest, in much of the world today pull-on work boots are no longer legal. I used pull-on Redwings for 40 years, and had to switch. I found an excellent boot which meets the "lace" requirement, but has a quick-release mechanism which works well.

jadmt

ignore button user
I wear an 11.5 in Keens and 12 in Hokas and 10 in bludstone and by 10 I mean what is stamped on the bottom .

67cj5

Man On a Mission
If you are in America and you take a size 10 you will need a size 9, Australian and UK Sizes are One Number less compared to US Sizing, If you are a US 12 then you want a Size 11,

I have ordered a load of Boots from the US and Canada this past year and I always have to size up according to the sizing Charts and then due to the type of boots I have been buying I then had to add another size to allow for extra Socks, But for normal every day boots I just have to add one size,

Hope that helps.

fnjeep314

Observer
I ordered a pair of Blundstones last week and they arrived over the weekend. I added the extra insole and with my regular socks, the 9 fit me perfectly. Not too large, or small. I have enough room to have thicker socks too. I cant wait to break them in, but this heat wave in the south has to break first!

ThundahBeagle

I have and wear Blundstones near every day. I do have other boots but the ability to just slip these on is perfect for taking the dog out early in the morning in bad weather and slipping them off again at the 3 season porch in the way back in.

My hiking boots are Oboz Bridgers but that's a lot of lacing for quick trips.

Love the Blundstones. Would buy again. They fit in the casual office as well as in the rough.

The only thing I would like is for them to be Goodyear welted. They are glued and seared. Not been a problem yet, but...

There is a maker out of South Africa, Jim Greene Boots I think, that are Goodyear construction. I've never tried those but would like to

Last edited:

al_burpe

Observer
I have and wear Blundstones near every day. I do have other boots but the ability to just slip these on is perfect for taking the dog out early in the morning in bad weather and slipping them off again at the 3 season porch in the way back in.

My hiking boots are Oboz Bridgers but that's a lot of lacing for quick trips.

Love the Blundstones. Would buy again. They fit in the casual office as well as in the rough.

The only thing I would like is for them to be Goodyear welted. They are glued and seared. Not been a problem yet, but...

There is a maker out of South Africa, Jim Greene Boots I think, that are Goodyear construction. I've never tried those but would like to
The Jim Green boots are stitch down construction not goodyear welted. They should still be easily resoled unlike Blundstones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles