Blundstone Boots

fnjeep314

Observer
Has anyone used or had good luck with these boots? I searched and found a thread on here discussing them, but it was from 2012. So being that a few years have past since then, I was wondering if anyone has had much more recent experience with them.

Attachments

• 1589228935351.png
    1589228935351.png
    388.1 KB · Views: 24

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
Ford or GM? Toyota or Nissan?
If you want a REALLY good pair of boots, buy a pair of R.M.Williams. They will probably last the rest of your life.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Paddler Ed

Adventurer
Has anyone used or had good luck with these boots? I searched and found a thread on here discussing them, but it was from 2012. So being that a few years have past since then, I was wondering if anyone has had much more recent experience with them.

I've got a pair of Blundstones that I've finally worn out to the point that they are falling apart - bits of the sole falling off, stitching has burst.... but that is after about 4 years of use/abuse.

I have a compadre in Australia who said the locals wear Redbacks or Rossi.

Wife uses Redbacks (pull on safety toe) as her (paid) work boots, and a pair of Rossis (sidezip lace up safety toes) as her (home) work boots - they can't be the same due to working in food prep.

I've now got a pair of these Harold boots that I use just about every day, and are wearing brilliantly:

I do need a pair of working boots however, and am likely to go with a sidezip lace up boot.

Most people I know are moving away from the pull on style boot to lace ups with side zips; it's unusual really to find tradies in pull on boots - my Harolds are a good compromise between the pull on work boot and the RM Williams style full dress boot.

Ford or GM? Toyota or Nissan?
If you want a REALLY good pair of boots, buy a pair of R.M.Williams. They will probably last the rest of your life.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Yep, Ford Vs Holden, Toyota Vs Nissan is a good analogy - ultimately it comes down to what fits your foot best. Blundstones for me need an extra (thick) foot bed in them to reduce the volume, whereas some of the Rossi boots don't. My Harolds have SupaFeet in them (so do my RMs... and my Asolo walking boots...)

Interestingly, talking to our local saddlery (who still make saddles) they don't rate RM Williams boots much now; they'd had a couple of pairs that weren't great in terms of consistent finishing in the last few years. RM have also dropped their Stockyard range completely, and now only do the fancy stuff. We're certainly seeing less and less RM stuff around here (Northern Tablelands NSW) - RB Sellars is the norm really for many people up here - they have got boots in the pipeline, but I can't remember who they're going to use - the wife did say.

jadmt

ignore button user
I got a pair of 500's at Christmas time and love them. My only concern is the soles do not look like they are going to last all that long. Mine took no break in and I can easily wear them on a 5-7 mile walk. For me they were well worth the money and I will for sure buy another pair when these wear out even if i can not get them resoled. Funny thing is I was having a bad case of plantar fasciitis and wearing these boots vs my Keens has knocked my pain level down to zero. I am hoovering around 200lbs these days so can punish footwear.

IMG_20200513_074300098_zpswxpzoo6h.jpg

fnjeep314

Observer
for size comparo I wear 11.5 in Keens, and 12 in Hokas and 10 in these.
Wow, thats a big span in shoe sizes. I wear US size 10, so i should be an AUS/UK size 9.5. But now I am wondering if thats going to be accurate now or not.

jadmt

ignore button user
Wow, thats a big span in shoe sizes. I wear US size 10, so i should be an AUS/UK size 9.5. But now I am wondering if thats going to be accurate now or not.
If you wear a size 10 then I would say size 9 in the blundstones and maybe even 8.5. Best to try and find a pair to try on.

llamalander

These are my work boots, find myself in them most days. A few months after I get them they pack down enough to fit some Superfeet insoles inside and the next few years are great. The leather gets roughed-up pretty quick, but it takes a while for me to wear through the toes. These are probably 3-4 years old, just picked up another pair.
IMG_1089.jpg

fnjeep314

Observer
These are my work boots, find myself in them most days. A few months after I get them they pack down enough to fit some Superfeet insoles inside and the next few years are great. The leather gets roughed-up pretty quick, but it takes a while for me to wear through the toes. These are probably 3-4 years old, just picked up another pair.
View attachment 585583
Dang, what do you do that you are putting these boots through their paces?! Did you get the 500's or the 550's?

llamalander

These are the 500's. I'm a builder & electrician, plenty of time on my knees or crawling through buildings with good measure of mud & wet concrete to stand in. The soles have lost most of their treads, but that hasn't really been a problem in terms of traction or comfort. I got tired of laces a long time ago, these stay on & keep me upright and don't seem to weigh any more than they have to. A bit of polish can keep them looking much better than I do, but either way, they seem worth the money.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
I've owned both Redbacks and Blundstones over the years. I would not recommend Redbacks if you have a wide foot.
The Blundstones, however, are great! Very comfortable and are a nice "all-around" boot for daily work or wheeling/camping.
Below is the model that I have...
Hope this helps,
Cheers

Last edited:

mjmcdowell

Explorer
On my second pair #1 4 years use, #2 have been wearing them on and off for the last 2 years I wear them for everything, for me they are a good sturdy boot, they can take a beating and if you take of them (like anything) they may serv you well. also you can clean them up pretty nice..... however they are not made in OZ anymore.......Vietnam, Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94