Bluetooth Question: Probably just ignorance on my part, but trying to recover

4x4x4doors

Explorer
I see that some auto manufacturers are now setting up vehicles to use your phone's Bluetooth capabities and there are aftermarket speaker devices as well.

Here's the question: Wife has wireless with Bluetooth. I have wireless with Bluetooth. When you pair the auto's device with the phone, can it reconize both simultaneously? Or first in is first paired or you can only set the Bluetooth to one phone?

In other words, if I pair the device with my phone and then attempt to pair with her phone, does it wipe the pairing with mine? Or we can both get in and whichever phone rings will take the bluetooth device?

Thanks for your contribution in helping to cure the ignorance rampant in our society today.

ExpoMike

Based on my experience with the Blu-Logic system in my Scion (Toyota) xB, you can pair multiple deviceds but only one can be in use. Whichever one is connected first, at that moment in time, will be the active system. My wife and I experimented with this as we had the same question.

I don't think any of them will allow two BT connections at the same time since if you are on a call on device 1 and device 2 gets a call, you have no way to switch between these.

4x4x4doors

Explorer
That's pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks.
I could see a system that takes both and then drops one when the other goes active then monitors both for incoming while idle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94