Bluetooth and rapid charger for LR3 (and others)

ollifl

Got my trusty old Landy upgraded to 21st century today. Installed bluetooth and hi-speed charger from British American concepts. Installation was super easy plug and play, sound reproduction couldn't be any better on BT and the charger works like a dream, i.e. no more drained phone battery after using Waze or Google maps (god forbid kids watching movies on internet) for a while. What I like about it also is that Brad didn't forget the "aux" and mic input for those of us who still carry a player with us.

WTLHU6Q4TKkUrO-JHIOveEavr2pDA0VaJfUjRlp7eKkI2pAqA2NXUAfCevtdGG5BG4rdpO0QwY5wqtvQ_i3zd3MG01tl8xMtogDFIQ91kSxBXmaRjTGoYrOLG0AlyxrXvhnGyWWoXxEWILco4IC073ESeiNCzB8UfzgTmBA45YDOqTY--NNNBmnpiiVJWDkJnXXusni0AFnpmSscIJpAcuw2FEcFglx9HShvE_1_JPuBSQzC4DnX3Q8g_zDlVUgINn1ykwwZ7MBm9TNGnJHRC8ZqIwlf0e_8Gr0roJCL6QG_Lvdn1z7TeehI5iWA1_ldvT3bxx7gy5qURNB78Di_5kVaSb80Y0c3g2Pa8VyJ3Ga_V7Kaxq0eN-wzdJ1u9_iMfjv-m4qW5AGXiLa_XOK1Y0bzrHAkoxointhRfRx4W4lwuOgYMybcJsQesqcXI39f2vWzRj0ltTTWI2hEqP2b3nwfG07R1_f2JRIrd2XoXwptxKI2lErgXRWfUs1irm_oQqZbsYPkHjCTG6q-Gjua7R4sRmHNz8FHhRQ0XUpfZN4L2QpLitYX6dW5DyEqnZQQNKNJ_WpVtDag7jiD5LpId3PM5jUtZCFzIX6wuh3N=w1650-h803-no

Installation was a snap, literally. By the way, the charger recognizes charging voltage automatically... hi-speed or the old slow system

jl7PsOniIzLnsTypqAtRX-btXzJ6ODJgCySmJLzGA7gEyxPZvkDGdvZhYX_HKZndE7oZap9qEhkfKLOLtz98HSy7dFYj5EkqmKQYa3QfZiMZKIr1uCS1rhOqFtKn0Azh2Wx7uPJL_zaCnoKVylzLR7RMNYbq39U0_Y3wV4ScoGFu0DYui5GSGvnc1vr131_Sn-DCxn47FAI4cmm9FiWvlfhLw9Qdd5grMZvE2LwypaQJTkJlLugRJjQOvC8OOd8Oxm_kCbWDDsmu0jx3ebJTbxR0i7_OGRZe0-1vyWQWrSoZ8CYeURBTNgqnURyuAoNOZpfdsrbP1SsCTBKfRm8YdntSmteilpragTzqp3iwOkm1VnNuN212yxUiH-QNaMa4U-3CaPC4-tdU77a17aHLAfUKfjx6cPCiAwxA4_mucbrrhRD8ywU0xrDmLcoynTZfLsc8e6ILvHRfuela70bLGDVb_JMvttl7sUO4eDfWRJ0IR-GRXMGoJvrPsg3r1avAQ-MVAYp-SApwYOTg6O1KoGxJDJCXhRhbnnD0MjmiFMlS6lmlMgimQhcNsq88XoTmsOYOD01tihoJRuHKTI4XwYxWBeILcvLXXX1qKdU_=w1650-h803-no

I'll be adding a microphone for the hands free soon. Super happy with the product. Forgot to take a picture of the connections it was so quick and easy

39937451_10214308324034323_109813960047329280_n.jpg

I can see all of them on my iPhone.

I was super excited for this until I saw the price tag. $159 for a Bluetooth module and charger I accomplished the same thing for about $20 from Amazon with a USB powered aux out Bluetooth module and a cigarette lighter USB adapter. Now all I have to do is hide those in the console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ollifl

I can see all of them on my iPhone.

I was super excited for this until I saw the price tag. $159 for a Bluetooth module and charger I accomplished the same thing for about $20 from Amazon with a USB powered aux out Bluetooth module and a cigarette lighter USB adapter. Now all I have to do is hide those in the console.

Exactly, but I wanted it to look nice. I met Brad the owner of British American Concepts, great guy and it is a one man garage operation with rather small production of the units. If JLR would put anything comparable out it would probably cost twice as much, and they still don't have rapid charge on their new cars. For me one of the points was "rapid charge" or hi-power USB, which lets you watch a movie on a tablet, and use your phone to listen to music and use Waze or other GPS program at the same time and still getting a positive charge rate on all gadgets....

I have the Kiniva BTC450 in my truck now for about a week. I think $33 on Amazon was the price. Seems to work but I am not sure if my BT on my phone is going out or the one on the truck. The LR and the Kinivo are connected at the same time and swap back and forth when needed for phone calls and music, but on occasion, there is a reconnect problem that I believe is the Land Rover as it sometimes falls off my BT menu on the phone.

$159 is not a bad price if it does everything it say it does and lasts another 10 years like the original one does.

Abran

Observer
Got a message, I ordered the mic and he didn't have them in stock until next week. waiting semi-patiently!

JimBiram

Adventurer
Put mine in yesterday...works great! Plays my music well! Just have to turn up the volume a bit. Since I lost a 12 volt port, I installed a second one at rear of truck direct to battery with its own fused wiring. So cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlynch356

Defyota
no - it is just a connection to your phone - you control everything from there. there is no integration into the LR system.

JimBiram

Adventurer
FYI...for those of you who jumpered the relay that controls the cigarette lighters in your vehicles, there is a bit of an issue with the Bluetooth. Once you connect the first time it connects fine, but when you go out of range, your phone will disconnect, and then the Bluetooth adapter will shut down. The only way to reset it is to pull the jumper, which shuts power to the cigarette lighter circuit.

My long term fix is to add a switch in the power line that will allow for a momentary disconnection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles