blueberry.taco build

blueberry.taco

the side effects of recycling parts from "leftover" bins...

I thought I had wired in 3 LED strips leftover from the dome lights I added to the miata and then also leftover from the cargo lights I added to the disco.... but turns out 1 of these was exactly that, but 2 of them were leftover from the brake lights i did through the spare tire spokes in the miata....

so now i have accidental mood lighting.
this is a temporary setup anyways so good'nuff for now

185557006_10114978837291813_8190461975652419745_n.jpg

the miata dome lights
22218365_10109130004050513_3675392052599451192_o.jpg

can't find pics of the Disco's lights so just a beauty shot to drop in here
65889928_10111694681531283_5633827796095598592_n.jpg

aand you can't see the brake lights but the inside of the spare glowed red at night when braking. i thought it looked cool
53499990_10111247022812943_6478245467732836352_n.jpg

blueberry.taco

Finally got around to doing some soft roading to break in the new setup.
Just a quick weekender, nothing special, nothing difficult.

Snagged a nice campsite along a river, didn't catch any fish though.

[IMG]

Sleeping in the soft topper was warmer than I expected. lows were supposedly in the low 40s but was quite comfortable with 2 people and a dog heating it up.
although the dog is basically a heated blanket as he likes to sleep on top of us.
[IMG]

finally got a chance to play with the drone we picked up for christmas last year.
i can't wait to fly this in bigger areas out west.
[IMG]

[IMG]

the wood i found was apparently covered in sap, lit up super fast and the dog was unsure about it.
[IMG]

[IMG]

but eventually he found the perfect distance to take a warm nap
[IMG]

never ended up using any charcoal, but we bring it just in case we cant find dry wood. We always cook over the fire.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
the wood i found was apparently covered in sap, lit up super fast and the dog was unsure about it.
[IMG]

[IMG]

but eventually he found the perfect distance to take a warm nap

never ended up using any charcoal, but we bring it just in case we cant find dry wood. We always cook over the fire.
Fantastic pictures of the fire! What camera / settings did you use? My campfire pictures never turn out that well.....

blueberry.taco

Fantastic pictures of the fire! What camera / settings did you use? My campfire pictures never turn out that well.....
Thanks!
Nothing terribly special, just using my IPhone 11 pro (i think) which i did specifically get for the nicer camera on it, but not a fancy DSLR or anything like that

blueberry.taco

went out again for the weekend.
found some even better campsites this time.
drove up after work on friday and snagged this perfect little horseshoe bend in the river

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

had 'fancy feast' for dinner
[IMG]

and got some rain overnight.
Soft topper needs another coat of seam sealer as it definitely drips water through the straps, and then gotta do something about the front bed corner to header area that everyone knows leaks water.
glad i have the bed mat so im not sitting in a puddle of water though.

blueberry.taco

on saturday we woke up to just drizzle for breakfast before hitting the trails and came across a familiar puddle again, and drove over the worst washboard roads I have ever encountered, but that was the perfect opportunity to dial in the BP51s.
they are set good for <5mph washboards now, at least in current setup.
[IMG]

[IMG]

we had eyed this spot last weekend and it was as good as we hoped for.
[IMG]

[IMG]

had great clouds all evening and a good breeze to keep the bugs away although flying the drone was a little tough
[IMG]

tried and had good success with pie iron quesadillas
[IMG]

[IMG]

I have a great cloud/sunset video but not sure how to share it here, you'll just have to go on instagram @spectacolar.adventures to see it.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
on saturday we woke up to just drizzle for breakfast before hitting the trails and came across a familiar puddle again, and drove over the worst washboard roads I have ever encountered, but that was the perfect opportunity to dial in the BP51s.
they are set good for <5mph washboards now, at least in current setup.

[IMG]

Great photo!

blueberry.taco

blueberry.taco

came out of the gym one night and found a sweet rig parked next to mine.
[IMG]

[IMG]
the pizza cutters sure looked good on that disco.

makes me miss my old disco a little bit.

as far as updates go, finally got around to making a quick little shield for the wires and bits in the shelf
[IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior