blueberry.taco build

blueberry.taco

changed the preload on the front springs to get closer to the design ride height spec'd by OME/ARB
[IMG]

and pulled the entire backseat area out to prep for more storage space plus a dog platform, added some sound deadener stuff while it's accessible.
[IMG]

old_CWO

It takes some fortitude to chop up a brand new truck, especially modern ones with all the whiz bang sensor driven doo-dads. Good on you; I would be too much of a coward.

blueberry.taco

It takes some fortitude to chop up a brand new truck, especially modern ones with all the whiz bang sensor driven doo-dads. Good on you; I would be too much of a coward.
The way I feel about it: there's no difference between cutting up a modern new truck vs an older one is the amount of dirt and rust you have to deal with. Modern vehicles are packaged more efficiently with more features but the physics are still the same. There's absolutely nothing to be afraid of on a new vehicle aside from potential of more depreciation.

blueberry.taco

Took a bit of work to make these skid plates work (not sure why it wasn't a direct bolt-on as advertised from the manufacturer) but it looks and fits good now.
[IMG]

This t-case skid came with a big step down to clear the stock exhaust crossover pipe, which I relocated previously, so I got to chop it up to make it flat and give me back all the ground clearance.
[IMG]

blueberry.taco

What is this thing now?

I get excited every time this thread pops up!
that is simply a jumper subharness I assembled to get the functions I want out of my truck which came without bed lights, to use the OEM bed lights without having to cut any stock wires
I get excited every time I do something worthy of posting!

highwest

that is simply a jumper subharness I assembled to get the functions I want out of my truck which came without bed lights, to use the OEM bed lights without having to cut any stock wires
I get excited every time I do something worthy of posting!
You’re talking about the bed lights located in the third brake light? I just want to be sure I’m not missing any other bed light options that may be out there.

blueberry.taco

been slacking on updates, but really the only thing I've worked on in a while is a shelf system for the rear seat delete

havent taken a fully complete pic but this was 90 there. since then i added hinges and slam latches to the openable hatches.
framework out of 3/4" x 3/4", 0.065" wall aluminum for lightweightness, and then panels out of 1/2" plywood
both materials which are outrageously expensive now!
The dog will have the whole "60" section behind the driver's side, which is why I don't have an upper level on this side.
I don't work with wood much but quite happy with how this all turned out.
[IMG]

last night i whipped up a quick bracket and stud plate to mount stuff in the bed rails.
I ordered t-nuts from amazon but looks like I'll be able to return them before i even get them delivered!
all of this material was from scrap pieces i had laying around, always happy when i successfully recycle from my hoarding.
bent aluminum bits are the pieces i cut off the front skid plate, so nice to find a home for them again.
[IMG]

blueberry.taco

Never been off road
✅

Hi lift mounted
✅

Maxtrax mounted
✅

Now definitely an overland rig!

Also picked up a bed mat because the plastic floor was killing my knees!

Ready to go break it in soon!

[IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles