Blueberry Gone Wild FJ Build

JamesDaily

Nice wheels! I've been shopping for some new kicks for the FJ for a couple months and I have a feeling I'm going to end up in the same boat.... taking years to actually decide.. haha.

BJ'sFJ

BJ's Tundra :)
34631812481_596846bbc4_b.jpg

Anyone see something new under the FJ?

BJ'sFJ

Nice FJ! I see the LCAs... are they "just" the factory replacements or did you go long travel up front?

Love the "budget" build. What a very Expo Portal budget.

:oops:

I gave up on trying to edit the title. None of the mods around here are helpful with it. Oh well, "Expo Portal Budget" works haha.

These are just the factory replacements in the Race Series. It requires wheel spacers for the secondary shock location. That with my wide wheels gives it a LT look for sure.

A.Wilson013

Adventurer
:oops:

I gave up on trying to edit the title. None of the mods around here are helpful with it. Oh well, "Expo Portal Budget" works haha.

These are just the factory replacements in the Race Series. It requires wheel spacers for the secondary shock location. That with my wide wheels gives it a LT look for sure.

Will you (have you?) be adding a secondary setup? Some bypasses perhaps?

Yeah, you blew the budget just with Baja Designs, lol.

Looking good!

I'd be willing to bet a firm handshake that his location in relation to Baja Designs HQ isn't a coincidence =p

prerunner221

Adventurer
This budget build is coming along very nicely. I agree, the "budget" is quite high for a guy like me, but who knows, this might be his third car and the cheapest in the stable. I like seeing people with extreme budgets go nuts on a build. You actually get to see what can be done when someone like this gent has both the money and the taste to properly build a vehicle. I hope he enjoys it for a year, then puts it back to stock and sells the parts off for cheap :). Is it too soon to call dibs on some lightly used Baja Designs and Goose Gear?

BJ'sFJ

Will you (have you?) be adding a secondary setup? Some bypasses perhaps?

I'd be willing to bet a firm handshake that his location in relation to Baja Designs HQ isn't a coincidence =p

At some point I would like to add some Fox QAB bypasses in the front. The rear single tube made a huge difference over the standard 2.5 ;)

BJ'sFJ

This budget build is coming along very nicely. I agree, the "budget" is quite high for a guy like me, but who knows, this might be his third car and the cheapest in the stable. I like seeing people with extreme budgets go nuts on a build. You actually get to see what can be done when someone like this gent has both the money and the taste to properly build a vehicle. I hope he enjoys it for a year, then puts it back to stock and sells the parts off for cheap :). Is it too soon to call dibs on some lightly used Baja Designs and Goose Gear?

I've been fortunate enough to live close to work so the FJ isn't racking lots of daily miles. This is my only vehicle and I plan to turn the 2.5 years of ownership into 5-10+... No plans on getting rid of it. If I add up the receipts it definitely seems like a lot. Nowhere near many builds on here.

chunko

Observer
Love the build- and the photos look great. What area of mammoth Lake is that in your pictures? I'll be going there this weekend and would like to get a little wheeling in.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

BJ'sFJ

Love the build- and the photos look great. What area of mammoth Lake is that in your pictures? I'll be going there this weekend and would like to get a little wheeling in.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Most of the photos are from the Benton Crossing Rd area and North Crowley Lake. Lots of exploring in the area. Bring bug spray!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior