Blueberry Gone Wild FJ Build

BJ'sFJ

BJ's Tundra :)
There was a very recent kerfuffle in Fireside Chat because somebody deleted 300 old posts, which took not only their original post but all replies and discussion with it. So the powers that be have now removed the ability to delete posts after 45 days... maybe they removed the ability to edit, too, not sure.

Well that is a huge bummer! Oh well...:coffee:

BJ'sFJ

Fridge Upgrade - Went ahead an picked up an ARB50 Fridge. Got a smokin deal! Draws about half of the edgestar and features a nice 3 year warranty.
Overall the fit and finish is much nicer. Only bummer is I had to remove the false wood floor. The 50 is pretty big and I couldn't close the rear door with my back seats up.
Not a huge issue at all. Now Im thinking about adding a single drawer like below. Something to easily access tools when needed. Problem is my wood working skills suck.

Fridge1.jpg

Something like this:

Fridge2.jpg

moodywizard

Adventurer
This is my setup, the arb fridge isn't in the pic. I originally had the same problem you mentioned with the door not closing but I saw a thread where he cut out the rear door plastic to make it fit. Just an option for you, if I would of thought about that at the time I would of done it.

7f7e508d159f2245d313366abd7f0a11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grouper

Observer
I cut out the rear plastic door panel in spots to make my set up work with the fridge elevated and on a slider but I ended up ditching that idea and going with an aluminum panel on the rear door. The aluminum panel gives me about an extra 2.5 inches and as we all know every inch counts. I'm still having covers for the door latch and wiper motor fabed up but here is what it looked like the last time I took pics. FYI, I just got back from a 5 day trip and everything worked as it should with this configuration.

storage 1.jpg

storage 3.jpg

storage 2.JPG

door panel 1.JPG

door panel 2.JPG

franklantern

Craig Lathem
Very clean looking Grouper...do you recall where you got the strap for your ref? I know its a simple thing but I have yet to locate one. I have already broken 2-4 clips removing that back door plastic on and off. I can appreciate how much better this would be.

Grouper

Observer
Very clean looking Grouper...do you recall where you got the strap for your ref? I know its a simple thing but I have yet to locate one. I have already broken 2-4 clips removing that back door plastic on and off. I can appreciate how much better this would be.

I'm using the straps that come with the ARB fridge tie downs, I'm only using one per side however. Here is a link to them on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/ARB-10900010-Fridge-Freezer-System/dp/B003CEVFV4

moodywizard

Adventurer
Yes nice work on thinking outside the box! I am going to go that route too just need to rebuild my drawer setup first. Looks like you rivet the rear panel on, dont know if I would go that route in case I need to get back there. Need to look at some fasteners.

Grouper

Observer
Yes nice work on thinking outside the box! I am going to go that route too just need to rebuild my drawer setup first. Looks like you rivet the rear panel on, dont know if I would go that route in case I need to get back there. Need to look at some fasteners.

The rivets are only the threaded end. The original holes used for the clips were enlarged and the the threaded nut was riveted in. The panel is actually mounted with 1/4" x 1" stainless bolts so it goes on and off very easily.

BJ'sFJ

For anyone in the North County San Diego area looking for the best Toyota/Lexus shop for service take a look at Service Pros.
Jeff has been very helpful with any of the installs or maintenance I am not comfortable or don't have the time to do. Have a trip planned for 4/30 and will be getting my rear pinion and carrier bearings replaced just in time.
Can't wait to ditch the rear end whine that sounds like terrible mud tires at any speed over 20mph.. Give him a call. Only shop I trust to wrench on the rig.

http://serviceprosautomotive.com/

drobb

Adventurer
For anyone in the North County San Diego area looking for the best Toyota/Lexus shop for service take a look at Service Pros.
Jeff has been very helpful with any of the installs or maintenance I am not comfortable or don't have the time to do. Have a trip planned for 4/30 and will be getting my rear pinion and carrier bearings replaced just in time.
Can't wait to ditch the rear end whine that sounds like terrible mud tires at any speed over 20mph.. Give him a call. Only shop I trust to wrench on the rig.

http://serviceprosautomotive.com/

X2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94