Blue Ox II

RU55ELL

Explorer
Well, we actually took care of this yesterday afternoon. No more chrome! :wings:

CIMG0029.jpg

CIMG0030.jpg

I was also looking to swap my TRD wheels for OEM steelies like Tacovendor has and the guy that I traded grille and bumper with has some in his garage off of his Prerunner. He'll be dropping them off at my house and let me take them to the tire shop to make sure they are straight, get them mounted and balance and will bring me the money to mount and balance them when he comes to pick up the TRD wheels. :)

Xrunner

Explorer
That black looks great!

And it sounds like you both worked a great trade towards what you wanted for your trucks.

RU55ELL

Explorer
Thanks. I always liked the rugged look of the base model trucks. It's always nice when things work out this nicely.

Go4Lo

Explorer
Your truck looks great with the steelies. I think it would look even better with Speedway Blue if you painted them Anthracite/Grey. :sombrero:

RU55ELL

Explorer
Your truck looks great with the steelies. I think it would look even better with Speedway Blue if you painted them Anthracite/Grey. :sombrero:

You read my mind! I think they would too. I'm going to try it with the tires still mounted and see how that turns out.

Go4Lo

Explorer
You read my mind! I think they would too. I'm going to try it with the tires still mounted and see how that turns out.

LOL!! I can't wait to see how they turn out. Are you planning to use the rattle can Duplicolor wheel paint?

RU55ELL

Explorer
Wellllllllllllllllllllllll.................this truck will be up for sale soon. I'm working on a job transfer right now and it will include a company truck to use as my own. Since I am still making payments on this one, I don't see a reason to keep it only as a wheeler.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are they gonna get you another Toyota???? Cause even if it's free, some POS domestic junk will NEVER replace the TACO.... Couldn't you get them to just pay off your truck and give you some sort of stipend for saving them the cost of buying you a new truck???

I'm sorry to hear you'll be letting her go. You've done such a great job of buiding it so far.

Cheers

Dave

SamSter0077

Observer
Wellllllllllllllllllllllll.................this truck will be up for sale soon. I'm working on a job transfer right now and it will include a company truck to use as my own. Since I am still making payments on this one, I don't see a reason to keep it only as a wheeler.

Total Bummer Man! Expensive to keep as a Wheel only vehicle though, tough decision to make.

RU55ELL

Explorer
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are they gonna get you another Toyota???? Cause even if it's free, some POS domestic junk will NEVER replace the TACO.... Couldn't you get them to just pay off your truck and give you some sort of stipend for saving them the cost of buying you a new truck???

I'm sorry to hear you'll be letting her go. You've done such a great job of buiding it so far.

Cheers

Dave

I wish it were possible to keep it and use it for work but it just doesn't have the payload needed to work in the oilfield. :(

I had no idea that there was so much interest on ExPo alone to buy it. I had 4 different people PM me about selling already. :Wow1:

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I wish it were possible to keep it and use it for work but it just doesn't have the payload needed to work in the oilfield. :(

I had no idea that there was so much interest on ExPo alone to buy it. I had 4 different people PM me about selling already. :Wow1:
Well good mate, hopefully (and most likely) it'll go to a good home... I shivver to think of what they'll put you in...Some pice of non-Toyota Garbage. I've got my fingers crossed for you that it's at least a CUmmins powered Dodge...

Anyway. Sorry to hear you have to giver up mate. Don't lose touch with the Portal just cause the truck goes away ok ;)

Cheers

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne