Blue Ox II

RU55ELL

Explorer
Probably nothing to get anyone excited, but I replaced the battery today. It went completely dead. I got in this morning and it cranked with no problem. I drove 2 miles away, shut it off to take my son into daycare, come back out, nothing. Not even the dome light was on. Connections were good, the battery finally just gave up the ghost. Of course, it was the factory battery, so 6 years of duty is good in my book.

Anyway, I did a bit of looking this morning before I went to get a replacement during lunch. I looked at Optima and Die Hard platinum and liked the CCAs that the Platinum put out but remembered to look at interstate. It had plenty of CCAs at 710, but the reserve capacity is much more than any other battery at 165 minutes. I figured this would be the best having a winch and no dual battery setup. So I went with the Interstate Megatron Plus. I'll get a pic up tonight.

Last edited:

87FoRunner

Adventurer
Take a look here for fairleads that can't be used on an ARB. :elkgrin:

http://www.okoffroad.com/stuff-fairlead.htm

On our generation of trucks, if you will notice in the directions of how to even mount the roller fairlead, you must drill holes in the fairlead mount in order for a roller to line up. A Hawse failead will not go on there due to no way to offset the mounting. Been there, tried that. Show me a picture of a 05+ Tacoma bumper with a hawse fairlead without someone fabbing new brackets.

RU55ELL

Explorer
On our generation of trucks, if you will notice in the directions of how to even mount the roller fairlead, you must drill holes in the fairlead mount in order for a roller to line up. A Hawse failead will not go on there due to no way to offset the mounting. Been there, tried that. Show me a picture of a 05+ Tacoma bumper with a hawse fairlead without someone fabbing new brackets.

Lol, did you even look at the page?

fairlead-sp-2.jpg

fairlead-sp-4.jpg

Take a look on the okoffroad page at the "SP Aluminum Hawse fairlead".

The description straight off the page: "Designed specifically for bumpers where the winch is mounted "feet" front - for example ARB bumpers, and for Ramsey winches with below-center bolt pattern. The bolt holes are 3/8" below center. Standard 10" bolt pattern with 71/2" drum-width slot."

TangoBlue

American Adventurist
Boy, do I feel like an idiot... I have the same vehicle, bumper, and Hawse fairlead. Wish somebody told me it wouldn't fit when I bolted it right up without any problems and using it for the last few years. :rolleyes:

87FoRunner

Adventurer
Lol, did you even look at the page?

fairlead-sp-2.jpg

fairlead-sp-4.jpg

Take a look on the okoffroad page at the "SP Aluminum Hawse fairlead".

The description straight off the page: "Designed specifically for bumpers where the winch is mounted "feet" front - for example ARB bumpers, and for Ramsey winches with below-center bolt pattern. The bolt holes are 3/8" below center. Standard 10" bolt pattern with 71/2" drum-width slot."

My apologies, didn't catch it in the middle of the page.

Last edited:

RU55ELL

Explorer
Got new tires yesterday. I got a smoking deal on some Kevlar MT/Rs.

First impression: super quiet and smooth. I'll get to try them out in Hot Springs next weekend for a better review.

CIMG0039-1.jpg

CIMG0040.jpg

CIMG0041.jpg

CIMG0042.jpg

huskyfargo

Adventurer
Got new tires yesterday. I got a smoking deal on some Kevlar MT/Rs.

First impression: super quiet and smooth. I'll get to try them out in Hot Springs next weekend for a better review.

You know next weekend is the JEEP Jamboree at the ORV park in Hot Springs? I'm pretty sure the park is completely closed to everyone else. You may want to check it out if that's where you're planning to go.

RU55ELL

Explorer
You know next weekend is the JEEP Jamboree at the ORV park in Hot Springs? I'm pretty sure the park is completely closed to everyone else. You may want to check it out if that's where you're planning to go.

Did you know there are other places to wheel than the ORV park? Scope out the Fall Foliage thread in the Central States section. ;)

huskyfargo

Adventurer
Did you know there are other places to wheel than the ORV park? Scope out the Fall Foliage thread in the Central States section. ;)

I'm fully aware... I've been an Arkansan for 34 years.
I'm also aware that a lot of off-roaders are planning to go to the ORV park when they say that they're going to Hot Springs, so I just thought I'd let you know just in case.
Have fun on the fall foliage trip. I wish I could go!

RU55ELL

Explorer
Some more changes on the way. A guy is coming to my house on Sunday after I get out of church to swap his base model black grille and rear bumper for my chrome. I'll post pics of the aftermath. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94