Blender, My LX450/FZJ80 + FJ45esk + GM + Land Rover crazy concoction

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Starting to convert chipboard to sheet metal....

This actually went pretty fast. The template was close. The sheet metal moves pretty quick with a flat wheel or a file to fit the gap.

Two more major panels to go and then a few little ones and much trimming of the ring. Then I will add the upper/lower split flanges....

Did you use your cad model to make templates of all the individual pieces you'd need to put the whole shroud together? Or did you use it mainly just for visualization, then cut the cardboard how you needed to make it work best?

And that truly sucks that photobucket is continuing to screw everything up. $400 a year is incredibly steep, it'd be a tough pill to swallow for sure and I don't think I could do it.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Did you use your cad model to make templates of all the individual pieces you'd need to put the whole shroud together? Or did you use it mainly just for visualization, then cut the cardboard how you needed to make it work best?

And that truly sucks that photobucket is continuing to screw everything up. $400 a year is incredibly steep, it'd be a tough pill to swallow for sure and I don't think I could do it.

The cad model was just a conceptual picture I found somewhere. I just hand fit the chip board templates to the ring. I then was able to remove them and transfer them to sheetmetal. All in all pretty easy. Having the ring held in place to the flanges was the key.

The photobucket thing is going to basically almost singlehandedly kill forum technical content, or at least set it back a few years.

ericvs

The photobucket thing is going to basically almost singlehandedly kill forum technical content, or at least set it back a few years.

I just found an extension in Chrome that fixes the broken Photobucket links. It seems to be working great on this forum at least (I checked your Dodge doitall thread and all the pics are there, and I also checked Carlyles Alaskan camper build up, which wasn't working before, and I can see all the pictures.) It is called "photobucket embed fix" This doesn't help you per se, but it at least allows the threads to not just be completely shot.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I just found an extension in Chrome that fixes the broken Photobucket links. It seems to be working great on this forum at least (I checked your Dodge doitall thread and all the pics are there, and I also checked Carlyles Alaskan camper build up, which wasn't working before, and I can see all the pictures.) It is called "photobucket embed fix" This doesn't help you per se, but it at least allows the threads to not just be completely shot.

My pay plan is still current for a bit more. The problem is that I host about 9000 images and I am not sure if they will fit in a 'free' account. I am still looking into options.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I hate Photosucket! You can't let them ruin your threads! With the Dodge, Willy's and now the "40", you've got three of the most viewed threads on here!

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
I hate Photosucket! You can't let them ruin your threads! With the Dodge, Willy's and now the "40", you've got three of the most viewed threads on here!

Thanks, yeah, I have a huge investment in time. I have big threads on pirate and others too.

I'm still looking at options.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Welp, get ready for round two of Photobucket destroying thousands more build threads. I was informed today that they will not renew any existing paid image hosting plans. I have been on on a paid plan for the better part of of a decade now. They are basically trying to make me upgrade to the $400yr plan as they did all the 'free' members a few months back. Any thoughts? I don't really want to fork over that much money, but I also don't want want to lose the thousands of posts of information I have typed out in my build threads.....

Yeah, they "lost" all of my files a while back...and basically said, sucks to be you. I have build threads and family stuff all over that are broken. Ugh.

Fan shroud setup looks amazing! Nice build!

Metcalf

Expedition Leader

Tonight I finished welding up the shroud. Once I pulled it off the radiator I was able to flip it over and trim out the 'extra' parts of the ring to allow airflow from the corners of the core.

I think the only thing left to do is add some flanges with weld nuts for where I want to spit the unit top and bottom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier