Blackdog's DL650 hack

BlackdogGS

Observer
I just got this setup. I've ridden motorcycles for years but never a hack. I'm still learning and getting use to it. It's a 2003 (7,000 miles) with a 2013 DMC sidecar with every conceivable option. It cost the previous owner $12,000 for the sidecar installed. I just installed Shinko 705 tires but have a car tire on order for the rear of the bike.

1340cff228d936061d87001ddc1a8890_zps3178ab75.jpg

I've found the hack section on ADVrider very helpful.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
Hey, we'll have to get together some time and share notes. I've got a '13 DL650 with a DMC sidecar. I have K60's on the bike. Not very many miles yet. Do you have a steering damper on the rig? I have some headshake problems at slow speed. I'm in Spokane, think you're in N. ID? If you're headed over to the NWOR/TT Rallye maybe we can drive over together?

IMG_3270.jpgIMG_3261.jpg

BlackdogGS

Observer
Hey, we'll have to get together some time and share notes. I've got a '13 DL650 with a DMC sidecar. I have K60's on the bike. Not very many miles yet. Do you have a steering damper on the rig? I have some headshake problems at slow speed. I'm in Spokane, think you're in N. ID? If you're headed over to the NWOR/TT Rallye maybe we can drive over/QUOTE]

I have head shake but I wouldn't call it a problem. I think all bikes have it at low speed. I'm in Zillah WA. Where is the rally held at? I'm still not convinced sidecars are for me. If it were an Ural or BMW I might feel differently.

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
The Northwest Overland Rallye/Touratech Rallye is held in Blaine, WA, just north of Leavenworth. It is a beautiful spot! The dates are June 25-28th. You can find more information on this site here:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/133997-The-Official-2015-NW-Overland-Rally-Thread

Or go to the Touratech web pages and check it out there. I've only missed one of these events. At the first event, I think I was only one of a handful of riders, and there were probably 100 attendees total. Last year there were over 800 cagers and riders in attendance. Lots of classes, rides, vendors, etc. It is really a lot of fun.

Hey, we'll have to get together some time and share notes. I've got a '13 DL650 with a DMC sidecar. I have K60's on the bike. Not very many miles yet. Do you have a steering damper on the rig? I have some headshake problems at slow speed. I'm in Spokane, think you're in N. ID? If you're headed over to the NWOR/TT Rallye maybe we can drive over/QUOTE]

I have head shake but I wouldn't call it a problem. I think all bikes have it at low speed. I'm in Zillah WA. Where is the rally held at? I'm still not convinced sidecars are for me. If it were an Ural or BMW I might feel differently.

BlackdogGS

Observer
What size of rear car tire are you guys running? I have a ATR-K Economist 175/55-17 on order but the online store won't have it for sometime.

Last edited:

WU7X

Snow on the Roof
I have a Heidenau K60 rear (and front). I've been told that they get excellent mileage, so thought I'd try a set just to see how well they do.

lonestrom

Adventurer
I got over 14,000 miles out of my last K60 ( rear) and it could have gone another 2,000 I bet !!.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles