Black Series HQ Tips, Tricks, and Learning.....

Hello everyone, I'm here for the same reason you all are! My first question to those who might know! There are two 50 amp Anderson plugs on the A frame hitch of my HQ15, one is black, one is gray. One is for a truck connection to charge the batteries and one is for a portable solar panel connect! Which is which!???? The Anderson plug at the solar charge controller is gray, so my best guess is the gray is for a solar panel???

Those chains are something that will go in short order on my Crux. I can see the mounts getting fatigued and tearing off the chassis or trailing arms. They should have used limit straps to soften the blow when the suspension topps out.
You all scared the goofy out of me! I ran right out to the shop and put zip ties through the holes in the threaded pins then around the inside of the retainer link so they cannot back out! I will check this often! Thanks!

Wait, so the HQ15 isn't coming with jerry can holders and the firewood box anymore? We're right there with you though. We usually have 10Gals on the back and another 10 in a truck. That extra 20 plus drinking water containers can really extend your time out!! If your using Scepter cans they make this really nice spout that we use to fill the main tank. We just pull the nozzle off and use the tube to fill into the main tank. A friend of mine also uses a shaker hose that works really well. You just have to get the can higher than the tank fill.
I have a new 2021 HQ 15 and it has the wood rack and Jerry can holders!?

Bikepals

Are you sure that the strobe Flash of the rear lights is not a Australian safety feature? They all do it!
No no no .. the flashing lights are a defect caused by a closed back loop with the emergency brake system. It is solved with adding diodes in line to the break lights.
TO ALL, MOST OF US WHO HAVE POSTED TO THIS SITE HAVE MOVED TO POSTING ON THE BLACK SERIES FACEBOOK PAGE. GO THERE WITH YOUR QUESTIONS AND YOU WILL GET VERY GOOD INFORMED ANSWERS

Bikepals

TO ALL, MOST OF US WHO HAVE POSTED TO THIS SITE HAVE MOVED TO POSTING ON THE BLACK SERIES FACEBOOK PAGE. GO THERE WITH YOUR QUESTIONS AND YOU WILL GET VERY GOOD INFORMED ANSWERS

No no no .. the flashing lights are a defect caused by a closed back loop with the emergency brake system. It is solved with adding diodes in line to the break lights.
What is the name of the Forum on facebook, is it the one out of Australia? And does the flash hurt the light system? I need to see the images and I can fix the problem in my shop! Thank you for lining me out!

What is the name of the Forum on facebook, is it the one out of Australia? And does the flash hurt the light system? I need to see the images and I can fix the problem in my shop! Thank you for lining me out!
I would not let my Dealer touch my rig with a two hundred miles pole! I have never known people selling something they knew nothing about!

Bikepals

It is the Black Series Camper US Group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/597325343973738/
Look at page 15 - HQJoe post on this forum. He gives the solution to this problem with pictures. BUT note that this problem may have already been fixed with new BS trailers. I have an early 2020 HQ15 and do not have the blinking light problem. No the blinking lights do not damage the truck or the trailer.

drhappy

It is the Black Series Camper US Group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/597325343973738/
Look at page 15 - HQJoe post on this forum. He gives the solution to this problem with pictures. BUT note that this problem may have already been fixed with new BS trailers. I have an early 2020 HQ15 and do not have the blinking light problem. No the blinking lights do not damage the truck or the trailer.
Just took delivery of a 2020 HQ19 and have the blinking light problem:(

The Moderator of the US Black Series forum will not let me in, Is it that I did not buy my HQ15 From RoA?

drhappy

It is in warrant, make them fix it. Black Series knows about the problem.
Although helpful my dealer knows very little about these trailers. I'm sure they'd step up and fix the issue however from what I've heard they're getting little support from BS. As they're a hot commodity all they care about is getting them out the door.

Clearly, the dedication and youthful energy at ROA is paying dividends for them. If they were closer I'd hit them up in a heartbeat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94