Black Series HQ - Any Reviews?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
onboard water is over-rated, did ya know its cheaper to insure a travel trailer that has no plumbing? Full coverage on my inTech is almost nothing, which surprised me after some of the quotes we got on a half the cost forrest river.

Water tanks are easy to contaminate and hard to clean and easy to mess up in cold climates, I like my jugs honestly.. I can keep em inside warm, move em around to accommodate ballast where I need it, drain em completely and get every drop out of em if I need, dont screw with clearance, I can take them to the water source by hand or in tow vehicle and not pull trailer over or carry a few hundred feet of hose.. water dont taste like plastic and I can toss em if I ever question the cleanliness... **** tanks are no fun either, I'd rather go crap in the woods than clean that thing out honestly, you dont get dump stations when you are dispersed camping so your hauling all that crap back (literally) and then you gotta pay someone to use a dump station if you dont have a home sewer port downhill from your RV parking.

I was one of the oddballs looking for a trailer without a shower/bathroom, simply disgusted in how much room/weight they consumed for as little use as they provided.. my folding toilet seat and lil popup tent takes no space at all.
The wrath of the marketing department selling to the Prom Queen wife. Seems like every “RV” must have a crap closet. Join the club I have always found it bizarre that people want to crap where they eat and sleep. LOL My all time favorite was a tiny A frame hard side pop up, the sales guy flipps up the cushion on the seat next to the counter and stove and proudly points out it has a crapper to!! I said hey honey you can crap, drink wine, play cards and cook all at the same time!!! I love it!!! Sales guy froze up didn’t know what to say. I smiled at him and asked him if that was optional? That it probably wasn’t an option I’d choose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grassland

It's less for crapping and more for the dear wives to get up to pee in the middle of the night and not have to leave the trailer.
Anyone I know with a TT with a bathroom has a no #2 rule lol

PSea

either BS is back to getting posts in this thread deleted or the author of the last message deleted it. I got an email minutes ago showing a long, detailed response to a prospective buyer. the discussion about BS going after negative reviewers legally is not a rumor. read what some Australians have posted. there was a thread here that BS got Expedition Portal to take down. Once that happened, I started a forum (Black Series Central) for all BS related matters (reviews, issues, rallies, etc). Just starting to get more attention now. BS doesn't scare me. I think they're run by THUGS at the very worst and poor business people AT BEST. I posted my experience over there.

If you are buying a BS be prepared to fix EVERYTHING yourself to save a bunch of time & frustration. I decided I'd NEVER give them my money and bought used. Very glad I did. I've put thousands into modifications. I'm now quite happy with it. But I feel quite bad for those who bought new. Dealers are wayyyyyyy backed up w service/warranty requests and BS seems to be either taking their time approving the repairs or stonewalling/denying requests.

DO NOT BUY WITHOUT A THOROUGH PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION. WRITE IT INTO THE CONTRACT. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
No has mentioned they are heavy. They aren’t a mid sized US tow rig trailer. A few early adopters found they were too heavy for their tastes. So if you have illusions of towing with a built jeep or 4runner/Tacoma your going to be disappointed.

PSea

No has mentioned they are heavy. They aren’t a mid sized US tow rig trailer. A few early adopters found they were too heavy for their tastes. So if you have illusions of towing with a built jeep or 4runner/Tacoma your going to be disappointed.
depends which you're talking about. i have a 3rd gen 4runner. I pull a dominator. it's slow up steep hills. but it pulls it just about anywhere. new 4runners/tacomas pull them up hills no problem. the caravans are another story and would be over their tow capacities.

ducposer

so then whats the alternative? Looking for something close to the hq15 or the opus 15, or the dweller from obi. It seems like there really isnt anything comparable for offroad use in the American market from what ive found (or havent found).

gendlert

so then whats the alternative? Looking for something close to the hq15 or the opus 15, or the dweller from obi. It seems like there really isnt anything comparable for offroad use in the American market from what ive found (or havent found).
I love my Dweller, for what that's worth.
51c064010c0f80519699c43dcf96ad71.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

BuckinghamBuilt

Has anyone replaced the shocks on the HQ series yet? I think I would replace those and get proper fabric limit straps on those while I was at it.

I few folks on the Black Series Camper US Group have replaced the shocks that come on the HQ's and have had good results. I want to say the go to Rancho's but check on the group for more information. I'm still on the stock shocks on my HQ15.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles