Black Betty aka Mean Joe Green 98 Gen 2.5

Cosmos99

I recently picked up "Betty" from @SONICMASD and now I am adding my touches to it. While I am waiting on parts to complete the heater core I finally decided to do a paint correction and ceramic coating on Mean Joe. This is just the first step and I will finish up the paint and coatings tomorrow.

Saint Nick

Cosmos99

What products did you use? Have to wet sand?
I did not have to wet sand. I started with Meguair's heavy cut compound and a microfiber cutting pad and since it finished so well I used Americana Finesse Polish and a black super soft finishing pad. I coated it with Ceramic Pro 9H followed with a top coat of Ceramic pro light. I will post some pics up once she is back on the road. I am waiting for the radiator shop to finish up rebuilding my heater core.

Swift_45a

Observer
I did not have to wet sand. I started with Meguair's heavy cut compound and a microfiber cutting pad and since it finished so well I used Americana Finesse Polish and a black super soft finishing pad. I coated it with Ceramic Pro 9H followed with a top coat of Ceramic pro light. I will post some pics up once she is back on the road. I am waiting for the radiator shop to finish up rebuilding my heater core.

I just realized black betty isn't actually black, its green... so, we have the same color 2.5, haha!

Mine is way more battle scarred, though. I took off some decals when I bought her and I used a strong goo-gone that ate through some of the paint underneath so I just stopped caring; she is from the beach area in SoCal so has sun burn (fading clear coat) all along her anyway.

But your pic reminds me that I have to take off the running boards on this rig, I forgot how much better they look like with them off.

Cosmos99

How much is the heater core rebuild? I may get that done soon but im not sure what the ballpark cost should be
I ended up getting a complete new core and it's costing me $150. I could have had it repaired where it was leaking for way less but figured I might as well go all out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles