Black Bart, 07 Tundra

Wilyone

Observer
Took a short shake down trip over Independence Pass to Twin Lakes. More snow than I expected on top, but down at tree line it was much better, a balmy 65 degrees and rain on and off. Nice to not have a fire-ban in place like the last several years, my 7 year old finally got to make some s'mores. Tent worked great, lots of space, need to pack a step stool, although the cooler worked pretty good.

indy20pass_zpsfojhcx8a.jpg

up%20the%20pass_zpsulzli900.jpg

twin%20lakes%20pana_zpslirjfn8o.jpg

new%20tent_zpsnfjibzjt.jpg

twin%20lakes%202_zpszpwvrbni.jpg

Dances with Wolves

aka jk240sx
how are the Tenacious patches holding up? I'm thinking of using these in some panels I'm putting grommets in. My thought was; hole, patch, grommet.

Wilyone

Observer
how are the Tenacious patches holding up? I'm thinking of using these in some panels I'm putting grommets in. My thought was; hole, patch, grommet.

Holding up well so far, its only been a little while but its not peeling up at all and its on an exposed portion even when rolled up so its seen a ton of rain over the past month and a half.

Wilyone

Observer
New BFG KO2's times 5, got great reviews and winter rated hope they hold up well...(and tie rods, lower ball joints and alignment...cough, cough)

DSCF1559_zpscudnh8cd.jpg

New deep better locking and waterproof bed box...

DSCF1567_zps8hownkoc.jpg

Nice new cover/case for our 22" Partner stove from Blue Ridge Overland, thinking of having them make a case/sleeve for my Partner griddle

DSCF1563_zpsq0oxgsun.jpg

Replaced medieval hook in receiver hitch with Smittybuilt step....took plenty of PB Blaster, cold chisel, hammer and well had to bust out the angle grinder to get the rusted pin and keyless lock out....

4d96b13d-9034-4b7c-9fcd-e6403cebf743_zpsom8iemwq.jpg

96a02d09-4f58-4e88-b42e-640d9d70eca4_zpspwzevrfg.jpg

Wilyone

Observer
Got back from Tetons, Yellowstone and Glacier for a couple weeks. Was cool and rainy in Yellowstone, and hot and dry in Glacier. Lost a piece of trim off the hood going through the aptly named Wind River Range on the way there. Truck did great mostly highway miles, but still a great trip.

Our spot in Grant's Village, was about 50 yards from Yellowstone Lake. Was amazed every morning we would head down there with our coffee and have the lake to ourselves.

DSCF1597_zpsxokupn1i.jpg

My son learning how to cast while we had some joe. Won't bore you all with Old Faithful and the like

DSCF1590_zpslcxoipjs.jpg

Cool gorge on the hike to Avalanche Lake in Glacier

DSCF1622_zpsnq6gky9r.jpg

Requisite Hidden Lake on Logan pass shot...

DSCF1687_zps1agtcbmb.jpg

Wilyone

Observer
Going to the Sun road on our way to the Many Glaciers section of the park. Very cool road, heard rumors they are looking at shutting it down to the public and only running shuttles within 2 years or so, not sure if that's really going to happen but I would hit it sooner than later, simply awesome drive. Went two different days, got lucky bluebird day one day, and hazy from the fires another. Was just good timing on the Mountain goats, first ones I'd ever seen. Driving through the burn areas was kind of surreal. I borrowed my buddy's inflatable kayak and have to say might need to get one of my own it was great to get out on the water at Lake McDonald and Yellowstone.

DSCF1653_zpsqqognxoy.jpg

DSCF1716_zpsd8tl9pua.jpg

DSCF1677_zpsldndnl12.jpg

glacier%20burn%202_zpslingfvks.jpg

DSCF1634_zpsf2grx4jx.jpg

Wilyone

Observer
Finally cleaned up the front bumper and got a front plate...Colorado still requires one.

Heading up to Oregon, and then to Olympic peninsula in two weeks :)

winch%20before_zpsd8cty01l.jpg

old%20hook_zpsxldbsmt7.jpg

pro%20link%20_zpsobfeciw0.jpg

finished_zpsocc0mn4k.jpg

AaronK

Explorer
Olympic peninsula. You'll be in my neck if the woods! Gorgeous area that I haven't explored near enough.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94