Birth of My Kimberley Karavan

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
G,Day Tuscon Could I beg a big favour from you and a few moments of your time to run a tape measure over a few points of interest for me .Even though I'm in Australia, trying to find one to measure up is fairly hard as they are not that common due to the cost of them .
Reason being is to use the measurements as a reference guide..
Ive seen / been in Kimberley a while back, but had no tape and the sizes are what I would like in an upcoming similar style lift up roof / wall hard shell camper build.
I can only gleam so much from Google pics and the accuracy of my rough scaling / measurement of them leave too much to error ..
Thanks in advance for your time and efforts .
Ed .
View attachment 406225

I just saw this post from months ago. My apologies for not replying. Did you get the measurements you were looking for?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Hi all you KK owners,
I am looking seriously into importing the compact karavan. Has anyone considered or actually mounted a karavan directly on a truck chassis or flatbed? The direct mount means we can take the whole show overseas when we visit family. We're 5 in total and I have the idea that spending some summers with the kids in cities and woods of France, Germany, Scandinavia would be fantastic.

M

KK is working on designing a Karavan/Cruiser body on a Mog truck. Depending on which model they use, that may handle your need to sleep 5. Stay tuned and they should announce something shortly. It would have to be a cruiser body though. No way to squeeze 5 into the compact Karavan.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Sounds like he is overseas, maybe in Europe? Seems like there are more/better hard-side truck camper manufacturers there... wonder if he would be better off having something made for a truck chassis instead of modifying something made to work as a trailer?

I love the KK Kruisers and would like to have one myself. :)

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
It's been awhile since I posted an update to this thread. I'm still enjoying the Karavan and getting out as often as I can. Sadly the Kimberley Kampers business in Australia went bankrupt due to poor management in July of this year. Their doors are now closed and the assets are being auctioned off. :-(

Oh well, now I have a collectors item. There are still folks providing parts and technical advise so I have no worries about keeping mine on the road for years to come.

Here are few photos from recent trips.

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I am upgrading from my current 2011 Kimberley Karavan to a Kimberley S3 Kruiser. :) If the timing goes well, we plan to have it on display at EXPO in September.

I have not posted my Karavan for sale yet. I'll probably get it posted this weekend. It's been awesome for me and taken me to many, many wonderful backcountry camps. I'm just getting older and softer so looking for additional room and comforts.

Poke me if your interested.

Brad
520-906-2821

rehammer81

I am upgrading from my current 2011 Kimberley Karavan to a Kimberley S3 Kruiser. :) If the timing goes well, we plan to have it on display at EXPO in September.

I have not posted my Karavan for sale yet. I'll probably get it posted this weekend. It's been awesome for me and taken me to many, many wonderful backcountry camps. I'm just getting older and softer so looking for additional room and comforts.

Poke me if your interested.

Brad
520-906-2821
Poke! Brad, I'm in Tucson. Sent you a text message. Would love to see it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I’m eyeing the Taxa Mantis because it fits in my garage and has separate bunks for kids. In all the videos a bunk bed is mentioned in the Kimberly, but no video example actually ever shows it setup or gives any info on it- length- width etc. No I’m not filling out personal info to get basic product info like size specs.

Also is there a way to rack a canoe on the trailer or say bikes?

cmo5

I currently have a 2021 Karavan on order, hopefully will be here by early summer.

David Bates ( dave@kimberleykampersusa.com ), who is the US distributor for Kimberley, is very responsive to questions if you are interested in specifics on the Karavan.

Yes, there is an available bike rack that attaches up near the front of the trailer. Not sure that there would be any provision for a canoe given the design

Regarding the bunks--I have not found any videos specifically showing bunk bed setup either, but David's walkthrough video on the Karavan does get close. The model he tours is set up for the bunkbeds option, and at the 12:50 mark of the video, you can see the bunks and it is easy to see how they set up. As for exact bunk dimensions, that is a question I'd ask Dave.

I’m eyeing the Taxa Mantis because it fits in my garage and has separate bunks for kids. In all the videos a bunk bed is mentioned in the Kimberly, but no video example actually ever shows it setup or gives any info on it- length- width etc. No I’m not filling out personal info to get basic product info like size specs.

Also is there a way to rack a canoe on the trailer or say bikes?

Last edited:

cmo5

Congrats on the sale!!

I'm counting the days until my new Karavan arrives. Your photos with yours are incredible but aren't making the wait any easier... ?

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Congrats on the sale!!

I'm counting the days until my new 2021 Karavan arrives. Your photos with yours are incredible but aren't making the wait any easier... ?

You're going to love it for years to come. Now I have to build a new gallery of adventures with the Kruiser. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles