Binky, the '92 7.3l 4x4 Econoline

Binky

It's been a long summer, and now I finally got some time to work on the inside.

Bed kit is done, framed in 1" tube with 1/2" plywood panels.
The rear and side boxes hold the mattress and all the bedding...

Bed_upLV.jpg
Bed_DownLV.jpg

The divider panel folds flat or fully down. I left space in the back for bikes, race stuff, tools, potty, etc...

Rear_Inside.jpg
Rear_LV.jpg

The galley is framed and usable, but no water or drain or grey water tank yet. Lots of finish work left.
Fresh water and pump will go where the drawers are now. Grey water tank behind it against the wall...

Galley.jpg
I pulled the mini hot water heater out of an office water cooler that was being scrapped.

Water_Heater.jpg

With my Mr. Heater, I'm ready for some fall/winter camping!

Binky

Ordered a 200w solar panel today. Should fit perfectly in the space on the roof, behind the pop-up.
There's a huge space in the frame between the rear axle and the spare tire. Thinking that's a good spot to mount batteries.

Bronzit

Did you happen to make more Combi Wagon stickers??
I have a Combi top. And I’m also in Bend. Haha.
Figured I’d ask.

Binky

Finally took Binky out for a trip longer than just a weekend.

I had a chance to pick up a free newly rebuilt engine and transmission for my vintage Saabs, leftover from an unfinished project.
The bad news was, it was in Sandpoint, ID. The good news was that it's only an hour north of the Coeur d'Alene and Hiawatha Bike Trails!
So, we (over) loaded up and drove 8 hours north. Too much food, too much water, too much stuff, 4 bikes. We stayed at a small campground near Cataldo for the showers and shore power. The campground is wedged between the bike trail and the river the trail follows. Rode bikes for 3 days, had to stop twice for moose. We loaded back up and drove to Sandpoint Sunday night and on Monday, we picked up the engine and back to Boise.

The mountain highway terrain included numerous grades of 7%+, one 8 miles long and another 6 miles. Then there was another 20 miles of dirt forest road over a pass to get to the Hiawatha Trail trailhead.
All told, I'm sure I spent well over half an hour at full-throttle. Never dropped below 53 mph.
Final tally, 1650 miles, 110 gallons of diesel for 15 MPG. I'm pretty happy with that average.
1622676130811.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94