Bilstein 5100 adjustable question first gen Tundra

slowtwitch

Adventurer
I've read and been told on this forum that the 5100 adjustable for the front is a good way to improve the stock Tundra ride and get rid on the factory 'rake' when the struts are set to 2". I was under the impression this was 'plug and play' with stock suspension, but the Bilstein site says:

"Bilstein 5100 Series Offroad Shocks - these shocks are for lifted trucks, Jeeps and pre-runners. They are designed for specific manufactured lift kits utilizing the stock OEM mounting configuration."

Any thoughts? Good to go with stock suspension? Also, according to the Bilstein site all Tundras from 2006 take the same strut regardless of cab configuration. True?

Thanks,

st

EXP-T100

Adventurer
I have them on the front and rear of my d-cab taco (with toytec springs) and the ride is super nice, better than stock. All you will need to do is swap your coil over to the 5100's and your good to go.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
This might be a little late, but I installed them on the front of my '05 double cab. I set them at the 1.3" setting and it gave me more like 1.75" now that things have settled. You can read more on my thread Tundra Supertool. I have really liked the ride and love the loss of the factory rake.

Petrolburner

Explorer
I've read and been told on this forum that the 5100 adjustable for the front is a good way to improve the stock Tundra ride and get rid on the factory 'rake' when the struts are set to 2". I was under the impression this was 'plug and play' with stock suspension, but the Bilstein site says:

"Bilstein 5100 Series Offroad Shocks - these shocks are for lifted trucks, Jeeps and pre-runners. They are designed for specific manufactured lift kits utilizing the stock OEM mounting configuration."

Any thoughts? Good to go with stock suspension? Also, according to the Bilstein site all Tundras from 2006 take the same strut regardless of cab configuration. True?

Thanks,

st

I have them on the highest setting, had to lift the back-end to match. I think on the second from the top notch it would be about level. Get the dif drop kit, it's cheap and you lose zero clearance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior