Big tires, little lift

sixstringsteve

Explorer
Anyone running 37s on a UJOR 6" lift? Or 35s on a 4" lift? I've always preferred to trim fenders and bumpers and save 2" of lift height. I'm having a tough time deciding between UJOR's 4" kit and their 6" kit. I don't need 37s at all, but I sure like the look of a big tire filling a fender.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I'm a big fan of minimal lift for the tire desired. A shot of my ambo w/6" lift and 37". It works, and doesnt appear that I'll have to do any fender trimming, but I will say its pretty tight. If I get off road and REALLY twisted it up it might be an issue, but I dont think so.

6AE617B8-CA90-40D7-A87B-6502B5668172_zpskk2e8rgk.jpg
[/IMG]

sixstringsteve

Explorer
That looks so good. I'm curious to hear if you run into any rubbing issues, particularly in the back. The front seems easy to tub if needed.

Last edited:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
If you trim the front fenders @ the back side you can jump up a tire size. Here's V4 with 6" and 37's. Not the best pic for what you want to see, I'll try to find another.

600_V4_aluminess_pallet.jpg

Here's a better pic showing the fender mods

600_V4_bed_w_box.JPG

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I'm a big fan of minimal lift for the tire desired. A shot of my ambo w/6" lift and 37". It works, and doesnt appear that I'll have to do any fender trimming, but I will say its pretty tight. If I get off road and REALLY twisted it up it might be an issue, but I dont think so.

6AE617B8-CA90-40D7-A87B-6502B5668172_zpskk2e8rgk.jpg
[/IMG]

Damn that rig looks good!

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Thanks Chris. I really need to get something done with the outside to kind of finish it off. Too much ambulance legacy going on. Actually I'll be in touch about that. And I still have some butt drag I want to address. We touched base a bit about that a hwhile ago but, you know, summer happened and all that. :)

sixstringsteve

Explorer
If you trim the front fenders @ the back side you can jump up a tire size. Here's V4 with 6" and 37's. Not the best pic for what you want to see, I'll try to find another.

600_V4_aluminess_pallet.jpg

That looks so good Chris. Now you've got me wanting 37s. Do you know of anyone running 35s on a 4" lift?

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Thanks. I'll have to think about the 35's on a 4", nothing comes to mind right now.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I had originally planned for those fenders on V4. To make a long story short, I never got them and wound up having to get the CC company involved/etc to get my $ back.

mikracer

Adventurer
I had originally planned for those fenders on V4. To make a long story short, I never got them and wound up having to get the CC company involved/etc to get my $ back.

Damn, that's a bummer! I thought they were a pretty reputable company with quite a following.

Amphibeast

Adventurer
I've always been a fan of "little" lifts…. I will always grab the sawzall before the suspension modification….. even a body lift first if done right… keep the center of gravity as low as possible, maintain driveline angles to stock…. Flex is great but the havoc of replacing pipes down the line gets crazy costly and opens cans of worms all the time….. big tires = clearance under the axles & everything etc…..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz